The Best Wi-Fi Sprinkler Controller For Your Garden
It's important for us to take care of our gardens. Though there are a lot of ways to do that, either by watering them, feeding them with fertilizers, or putting them in a perfect environment, it still needs to receive more care. One way of giving them all they need is by having a Wi-Fi sprinkler controller. But why? That’s what we’re going to talk about here. We’ll also help you choose the best Wi-Fi sprinkler controller that you’ll surely love.
What Is A Wi-Fi Sprinkler Controller?
A Wi-Fi sprinkler controller is a device that lets you control your garden sprinkler. It does this by automatically connecting to the sprinkler itself. This is made possible through the use of a Wi-Fi connection, giving you control over the watering of your plants even if you’re inside the house or wherever you may be. Thanks to the many technological improvements that are popping out of existence from time to time, these Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers have become better and more effective.
What Are Its Benefits?
When it comes to using a Wi-Fi sprinkler controller, you are experiencing the best of garden monitoring. This is because the watering process is literally in your hands. All you have to do is to just use the device and you can quickly monitor and control the amount of water that your garden will receive.
This also informs you if there are issues on your sprinkler system. For example, it will notify you ahead of time if a pipe is broken or if there is a crack or a blockade on the pipes. It's through this that you can quickly act on it when it comes to maintenance measures.
2. Weather Forecasting
Not only do these sprinkler controllers give you total control and convenience over your garden watering chores, but this also gives you the latest weather updates. There are already a lot of Wi-Fi sprinkler controller that have these feature. This makes it easier for you to control or adjust the amount of water your garden receives at a certain time of day. This also assures you that you won’t flood your garden if it’s raining in your home and you’re far away from it.
You don’t need to worry about your device getting obsolete. That won’t happen with the latest Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers present in the market today. This is because these are usually upgradeable, which means that you can update them if there are new upgrades to the system. And not only that, because most Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers also feature zones which allows you to change it based on the time zone that your garden is in.
The best reason why Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers are highly recommended is that it gives you the convenience. You don't need to go to your garden or physically be present just to turn on or turn off your sprinkler system.
You simply just have to get your device and press on the buttons to activate your garden sprinkler. It's as easy as that. This makes it a perfect device for people who are always busy or those that are out of the house most of the time.
How To Choose The Best One?
1. Body Quality
The first thing you need to consider when it comes to choosing a Wi-Fi sprinkler controller is knowing its body’s quality. Make sure that the materials that its body is made of are of high quality. Though plastic is not recommended in previous models, there are now strong types of plastic that are better than other materials.
It's best if you touch the surface first before buying it. This way, you'll know if it can take a lot of beating. But why? The answer to that is simple, and that you don’t know what will happen to your controller. It can fall, might probably get wet, or might get bumped on by something. You surely don’t want it to easily break up once those things happen.
The main purpose of Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers is to connect you to your garden sprinkler. This means that connection is very important. Make sure that its Wi-Fi capabilities are stable so that you won’t have any problem controlling your sprinkler at your garden. Remember that without a proper connection, your Wi-Fi sprinkler controller would be useless. Before buying, test it first and make sure that it can connect seamlessly with your sprinkler. This is where you’ll see if it’s compatible.
3. User Interface
The user interface of your Wi-Fi sprinkler controller is also important because it shouldn't be hard to use. It should have big and visible digits and letters so that you won't have a hard time understanding what it shows on its screen.
Most modern sprinkler controllers have LED screens which make the information clearer. It's best to choose these kinds of controllers so that you'll also have fun using it. Remember, the user experience is a vital thing to consider when choosing a product.
It’s not all about the durability and functionality of the sprinkler controller, but you also need to factor in the design. Make sure that it’s visually pleasing and attractive. It’s best to select one that’s sleek and thin so that you can carry it around with you wherever you go. This is one way of making sure that the design is also functional and has a purpose.
Then there's the element of price. When choosing one, it's wise to not get the most expensive one. Of course, that's what most of us will do. However, some people might think that an expensive price equates to high quality. Though that might be true to some products, not all sprinkler controllers adhere to that reasoning.
There are a lot of new Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers that are affordable but can still go head to head with the more expensive ones. You see, price doesn't determine the quality of a product all the time. Sometimes, a product is expensive just because of their brand. This is what you need to remember to save yourself from being victimized by capitalism.
Top 5 Wi-Fi Sprinkler Controllers
1. Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller is one of the best sprinkler controllers when it comes to connecting with Alexa. You can easily control your garden’s watering by simply speaking. That’s how cool this sprinkler controller is. It is able to do this because it uses more than 100 unique voice commands when giving it orders. And you can also control your sprinkler from everywhere as long as you have the Rachio app.
This can also adapt to local weather conditions if it is predicted that rain will happen. It’s indeed a smart sprinkler controller. This is what you need if you want to save your water bill by up to 50%.
- It’s very easy to set up because of its user-friendly interface. You can set this up by yourself even if it’s your first time.
- It doesn’t only look stunning and aesthetically pleasing, but its design is also fully functional.
- The only real downside to this is its connection. It’s a bit hard to control it if your internet connection is slow.
- It’s also important that you be extra careful with it because it can malfunction if not used properly.
2. RainMachine Touch Wi-Fi Sprinkler
The RainMachine Touch Wi-Fi Sprinkler is EPA WaterSense certified. What this means is that it passed all quality and safety standards. This is made possible thanks to its system that can be fully integrated with Nest, Alexa, WINK, and SmartThings. It's cloud independent and stores all of your personal data locally. This makes it very smart when it comes to assessing the weather conditions. It features a 6.5-inch color touchscreen display that's bright and readable. This gives you full control as to how you want to water your garden.
- It runs very smoothly, especially if your internet connection is fast.
- It’s very simple to use because its user interface is not complicated, unlike other brands.
- You have full control over it, as it gives you unrivaled customizability with the many features you can use.
- Its wiring is too buggy. You might find it annoying at first. This makes the whole setting up process a bit too complicated.
- It’s more fancy than functional.
3. RainMachine Mini-8 Wi-Fi Irrigation Controller
The RainMachine Mini-8 Wi-Fi Irrigation Controller is another one that we recommend to you. This has 8 zones where 7 of it uses Master Valve. This makes saving water easier to do. It receives real-time weather updates from WUnderground, Metno, and NOAA. Or if you have your own personal station, you can use that to connect to a weather forecasting source. It’s also EPA WaterSense certified and is cloud independent. It has an illuminated touchpad and has a white LED display that makes the letters and numbers visible.
- This one’s also easy to set up. It’s newbie-friendly.
- The design is also sleek and visually pleasing, thanks to its contrasting black and white color.
- Its wireless connection is not the best one because it easily goes out of sync with your sprinkler if your internet slows down.
- There are also some technical glitches you’ll encounter along the way. If it happens, just reset it and everything will get back to normal.
4. SkyDrop Wifi-Enabled Smart Sprinkler Controller
The SkyDrop Wifi-Enabled Smart Sprinkler Controller is another highly recommended one for you. This features SkyDrop’s self-regulating controller which gives you total control as to how you want to water your garden. It uses real-time data to know if it needs to water or skip it. If you're one of the people who want to save time, water, and money, then this one's for you.
You can easily connect this to your sprinkler system wiring without using any specialized tools. And what's great is that it features voice command. You can simply give it in order to start watering and it'll do it for you.
- It has an industrial design, which gives it a more durable and visually pleasing look.
- It’s portable too because it’s lightweight. You can bring this with you wherever you go.
- It's not the best when it comes to installation because it's a bit difficult to set up. The process is complicated and you need to seek help from a professional or “tech guy” to set it up for you.
- This one’s also not that durable.
5. Netro Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller
The Netro Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller is a fully automatic sprinkler that creates its own watering schedule that’s perfect for your garden. However, you can still input your own preferences to it. It’s one of the most eco-friendly sprinkler controllers in the market. You can save up to 50% of your water bill with its help. You can control your sprinkler system with any iOS or Android devices. Just be sure that it has an 8.3 and above version for the iOS and a 5.0 plus version for Android.
- This one does what it’s supposed to do seamlessly. It works great and has excellent connection features.
- You’ll have full control over your sprinkler system with this one.
- It’s also very durable and it’s glitch-free.
- This is a bit pricey. But it’s not really a bad thing because it’s still worth every penny thanks to its excellent performance and efficiency.
If you really want the best Wi-Fi sprinkler controller, you need to factor in three important things. These are its durability, function, and design. Fortunately, we’ve found a product that has all of those characteristics. And it’s the Netro Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller. Not only does it work great, but it's also durable as it's made of high-quality materials. Though it might be a bit too expensive for you, there's really no need to worry because it's totally worth it.