Knowing The Best Wheelbarrows For Easy Load Carrying
We all know that we have the capability do a variety of physical tasks by ourselves. However, you might have experienced getting exhausted and having body pains after a hard day’s work. What you then need is to get a wheelbarrow. In this article, we’re going to present to you the best wheelbarrow to help you out in your tasks.
What Is A Wheelbarrow?
A wheelbarrow is an equipment used to carry a load. It usually consists of a wheel located on its front, and a handle where the person can push through it. This is a very useful equipment commonly used in gardening and home constructions tasks.
The Benefits Of Using A Wheelbarrow
1. Easier Gardening
One of the best things about using a wheelbarrow is that it can make your gardening easier. This is because you can put the soil, plants, and other gardening tools on it while you're roaming around your garden. No need to carry things by yourself. Aside from that, planting becomes so much easier because you can just pour the soil from the wheelbarrow directly to the ground.
2. Reduce Pressure on Your Body
Another cool thing about wheelbarrows is that this help reduce pressure in your body. You do not absorb all of the pressure from the weight of the object you're carrying. This is because your wheelbarrow gets a share of that weight. The wheels and the handles serve as a form of leverage, which distributes the weight of the object evenly between your arms and the wheelbarrow. You just merely push the wheelbarrow backward and forward.
3. Improves Efficiency in Doing Physical Work
The best thing about wheelbarrows is that these make you a more efficient worker. What we mean by efficiency is that you can finish your job faster with the help of a wheelbarrow. Research says that using a wheelbarrow can triple or even quadruple your speed in doing physical tasks. This also means that you get to do other more important things.
Things To Look For When Buying A Wheelbarrow
1. Know Your Needs
It is important for you first to know why you need a wheelbarrow. Will you use it for your home or a big contractor project? There are two types of wheelbarrows, one is for recreational gardening, and the other are the contractor grades used for heavy duty construction tasks. You surely don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a contractor grade wheelbarrow if you're only going to use it for planting flowers in your garden.
You also need to know if the wheelbarrow is fully functional. Check its maximum weight capacity. Can you maneuver it easily? Does it move forward and backward smoothly? Observe how its tray carries the load. It should evenly distribute the weight throughout the wheelbarrow so that you won’t be strained when pushing it.
3. Ground Clearance
Ground clearance is a vital consideration to take note of. You surely don't want to damage the belly of your wheelbarrow from continuously scratching it on the ground. To avoid this from happening, it's best if you choose a wheelbarrow that has a high ground clearance. Choose those that have bigger wheels so that you don't have to worry about using it on rocky surfaces.
Top 5 Best Wheelbarrows
If you want to free yourself from the hassle of pushing and pulling a heavy load, then the PAW Electric Battery Power Wheelbarrow is what you need.
This wheelbarrow is powered by an electric battery that will automatically push the wheelbarrow even if you don't exert a force on it. Having a maximum capacity of 300 lbs., you won't surely have any problem if you're going to use it for gardening or other construction tasks.
Its 15-inch tires give it a pretty good ground clearance. So if you’re carrying heavy loads to-and-fro places that have a rocky ground, then this might do perfectly well for you.
- This product is very effective in absorbing the weight of the load. You don’t have to exert a lot of effort to move it.
- It features a comfortable grip, making it comfortable for you to use even for an extended amount of time.
- Easily picks up dirt and mud because of the 15-inch wheels and black-colored surface.
The Seymour WB-JRB Children's Wheelbarrow is another pretty handy wheelbarrow. This is perfect for your children as this is specially made for them. If you want to teach your kids the basics of gardening, then this would be a perfect gift for them.
This wheelbarrow would also motivate your child to enjoy the outdoors. Despite this being a wheelbarrow for kids, it still has a high-density poly tray that is treated with anti-corrosion compounds.
- This is one of the most affordable wheelbarrows in the market, despite the anti-corrosion coating it has on its body.
- It is very lightweight. You can carry this around anywhere without any hassle.
- The perfect wheelbarrow for children. It doesn’t pose any hazard because of the lightweight design it has and the absence of sharp edges.
- The tray is too small, making it a little bit inconvenient for practical use. This limits the function and uses of this wheelbarrow.
The Rubbermaid Poly Farm Cart is also a pretty good choice if you're searching for a reliable wheelbarrow. If you're into gardening, then this is the perfect product for you. What makes this cool is that it got huge wheels, measuring 75 inches in diameter. This makes it perfect if you're doing your stuff on rocky or steep surfaces. However, it isn't capable of carrying too much load as it has a maximum load capacity of 200 lbs.
- This is a very sturdy wheelbarrow that is very stable even on rocky surfaces.
- The 75-inch wheels are very helpful in making it easily maneuverable in any terrain.
- It features a durable and high-quality tray.
- It would do better if it has added shock absorbers on its wheels to absorb the impact, especially when it’s used in a rocky terrain.
If you’re searching for a reliable, heavy-duty, and multipurpose wheelbarrow, then the WG050 WORX 8-in-1 Aerocart Wheelbarrow is what you might be looking for. It features an extended dolly mode, which enables you to carry an extra 80 lbs. of weight. However, it can also carry another 300 lbs. of material without the extended dolly mode. That’s how useful this wheelbarrow is when you’re usually carrying a lot of cargo.
- This wheelbarrow is durable thanks to its steel construction. You'll feel that it's made of high-quality products when you're using it.
- Its size is also perfect if you're always on the go. Even though it's not that big, it still efficiently uses its size and weight, thanks to the extra accessories that can help in carrying more load.
- It’s a little bit difficult to maneuver and shift the wheels especially if you’re using it on a rocky surface.
The YARDMAX YD4103 Power Wheel Barrow is probably one of the toughest and most capable wheelbarrows in the market today. This is because it can carry loads of up to 660 lbs. If you’re into construction and you’re looking for a heavy-duty wheelbarrow, then this might be what you’re looking for.
It is battery operated and has a multi-speed heavy-duty transmission. Its tires are even specifically made for the outdoors as it gives you an excellent traction. You can use it anywhere you want because it will do just well. You surely won't have any problem in using it to dump something because you only need to use a single hand to activate its dumping feature.
- This product is very capable of carrying a huge load, making it perfect for construction and commercial purposes.
- It is very easy to use. You won’t have any problem in maneuvering it into any direction.
- Features very sturdy wheels that can easily slide through any surface without any sign of slippage.
- It has a high price because of the advanced features it has.
The clear winner of the reviewed products is the YARDMAX YD4103 Power Wheel Barrow, as it has all the features required of a reliable, fully-functional, and easy-to-use wheelbarrow. It will surely help you out with whatever task you're doing, may it be gardening, doing construction work, or just simply carrying a load from one place to another. It is indeed the perfect wheelbarrow to have. Despite its high price, it still is worth every penny.