Watering your plants is an essential part of gardening. Some even consider it as the most important task you need to do when you have a garden. What better way to do it than to use a tripod sprinkler? In this article, we’re going to help you choose the best tripod sprinkler that will ensure your plants stay healthy and green.
What Should You Consider When Buying A Tripod Sprinkler?
Before anything else, you should first know what your purpose is. It’s in knowing your purpose that you are able to know what kind of tripod sprinkler you’re going to need. Are you going to place it in a big lawn and at the center of it? Do you need it to water your flowers? It’s by asking these kinds of questions that you get the right kind of tripod sprinkler that you really need.
Durability plays a more role when choosing a tripod sprinkler. See to it that it is durable and can take a lot of beating. Know more about its materials, what it’s made of, and know more about the brand.
Once you know that the brand is reputable and have been in the business of manufacturing garden equipment such as sprinklers for a long time, then that’s a good sign that it will last for a long time. You surely don’t want to keep on buying a new tripod sprinkler every now and then just because the old one has been damaged. Get a tripod sprinkler that is worth your money.
You are going to place your tripod sprinkler at your lawn or garden. This means that there are a lot of people who are going to see it, especially if you have an event or occasion in your house. Because of this, the things that are placed in your garden have a huge effect on how your house looks.
This is the reason why you should see to it that your chosen tripod sprinkler looks good. It is important that it has a visually pleasing design. It should look really nice, something that wouldn’t be an eyesore, knowing that it’s highly likely that you’re going to place it at the center of your garden.
You also need to know the features of your tripod sprinkler. The more features the better. However, its many features shouldn’t sacrifice the ease of use in using the sprinkler. The features should all be functional and should serve a specific purpose. It should not be there just for the sake of having many features. It doesn’t work that way.
You’re getting a tripod sprinkler because you want to water your plants in the best way possible. You want something that will provide them a constant supply of water in the right volume. And that’s what you should base the features on. The features should answer to the purpose why you need a tripod sprinkler in the first place.
Then there’s the price, of which you need to be really cautious of. What we mean by this is that the tripod sprinkler should not be priced too high. Yes, we get it, the more expensive the product is, the better its quality. For sure that’s the reality for some. But that doesn’t answer to all tripod sprinklers. Not all expensive sprinklers are high quality.
Some even are less durable than the cheaper ones. There are affordable and cheap tripod sprinklers that have similar or even better features and quality than the premium ones. With this, it’s important you keep a keen eye on price and make sure that you get your money’s worth.
Top Reasons Why You Should Get A Tripod Sprinkler
1. Say goodbye to manual labor.
The best thing about tripod sprinklers is that they automate things. Gone are the days when you need to regularly go to your garden or lawn to water them. We know that it’s relaxing and soothing to tend to your plants’ watery needs. But as good as we like it, it still leads to it taking huge portions of our time.
Watering your plants takes a lot of time especially if you’ve got a huge garden. This is the reason why you need to have a tripod sprinkler. These tripod sprinklers are pretty effective in automating the watering process.
2. Durability is by your side.
Compared to other types of garden sprinklers, these tripod sprinklers are the most durable. This is because of their design. These feature a robust construction tripod build that gives you an assurance that it wouldn’t easily break down.
3. It's easy to use.
Another reason why you need to have a tripod sprinkler is that it’s very easy to use. You don’t need to be a garden savvy person for you to install and operate a tripod sprinkler. These are all user-friendly. And the best thing about them is that they have controls that are not only easy to adjust but are also soft and ergonomically designed. It's really a breeze using them. It's just like having someone tend to your garden 24/7.
4. A tripod sprinkler can be used for fun.
Another cool thing about these tripod sprinklers is that they're not just for the purpose of watering your garden or lawn. It's because they can also be used for fun! You can have a recreational activity with your family and friends on your lawn and enjoy the soft sprinkles of water.
This is especially true if it's already the summer months where you feel the need to be in contact with cool water. What this means is that these tripod sprinklers are multi purpose and that they have a lot of important functions that will surely make you feel that you've got your money's worth.
5. You have better control over water usage.
It’s also important to know that these tripod sprinklers help you conserve water. This happens because of the controlled way that the water is distributed. It’s with this that you get to save money from the excessive water bills if you were not to use a tripod sprinkler.
Top 5 Best Tripod Sprinklers
1. Orbit Lawn Impact Sprinkler
The Orbit Lawn Impact Sprinkler has a water coverage of up to 7,800 square feet, which is equivalent to a 100 feet diameter. This is a huge coverage area compared to most tripod sprinklers. The tripod’s height is originally 22.5 inches. But it can be adjusted to 48 inches. This shows how flexible it is to adapt to the size or coverage you prefer. It can also be adjusted from partial position to a circular one. This makes it easily retract to a smaller size, making it easier for you to store it. It’s also easy to connect the hose into it thanks to its gooseneck connection.
- It’s a compact and easy to move around product.
- It stays in place even if the soil becomes muddy after a rain. You don’t have to keep on adjusting it every now and then.
- Height adjustment is also pretty simple. You just need to tweak some levers and you’re good to go.
- Its design is not really that attractive. It would be better if it had a sleeker shape and a brighter color.
- This one takes too much space if you put it on circular mode.
2. Malxs Tripod Base with Impact Impulse Sprinkler
The Malxs Tripod Base with Impact Impluse Sprinkler can be adjusted from 25 inches to 48 inches. This shows how flexible this tripod sprinkler is in terms of height adjustment. Its head is made of high quality brass impact that you can adjust to a 360 degree angle. This is made from heavy duty metal construction that has a rubber mat at its base for added support and stability. Its thread size is ¾ to 11.5 NH.
- It works fine because of its consistency in delivering the right amount of water to your lawn.
- This is a durable product because of the material that its head is made of. The heavy duty metal construction of its body also gives it a sturdier look.
- The price of the product is the only downside in buying it. There are a lot of other tripod sprinklers having similar features that are more affordable than this one.
3. Strongway Tripod Sprinkler
The Strongway Tripod Sprinkler is another one that we highly recommend to you. It has an adjustable spray pattern that gives you a lot of options as to the kind of pattern you want. You’ve got two options – the full circle and the partial circle. Its base is shaped in a circular position that has three spikes on top of it. This adds extra stability to the sprinkler. The hose swivel and sprinkler is made of standard brass
- This tripod sprinkler has great quality because of the material it’s made of. It looks like it’s an expensive and premium sprinkler.
- It is a stable sprinkler. It doesn’t wobble and it stays in place even for months at an end
- You might experience problems relating to water distribution because it isn’t too consistent in doing it.
4. Meridian Tri Pod Sprinkler
The Meridian Tri Pod Sprinkler has a body that is made of heavy duty construction. This makes it an all-weather tripod sprinkler. Its head is made from high quality brass impulse. This adds strength and durability to its body. Aside from that, this also allows for maximum coverage. Its head is replaceable, which means that you don’t have to worry if it gets some kind of damage. It’s because it’s easy to replace it with a more durable one. This tripod sprinkler has dimensions of 59 x 8.5 x 16.5 inches and weighs only 2.44 pounds. If you want a portable tripod sprinkler, then this might be the one you’re searching for.
- It works really great despite its small stature. This is the reason why there are a lot of people who prefer this over the bulkier ones.
- This is a very well built tripod sprinkler, thanks to its long and triangular-shaped stand. It’s this design that adds stability to the body.
- The price is a bit of a turn down because it’s too high. There are other brands that have similar features with this one that isn’t that high priced.
- There’s no problem with the durability of the stand. It’s just that it feels a bit flimsy. Though it is stable, there are some instances that it might wobble. But there’s nothing serious about it. This might just be due to its thin size.
5. Kinex Tripod Sprinkler
The Kinex Tripod Sprinkler is another highly recommended product that we’ll suggest to you. There are a lot of reasons why but the main highlight of this tripod sprinkler is its adjustable aluminum legs that can be adjusted from 25 inches to 48 inches. This is made from premium metal, giving you the assurance that this won’t easily break. If you’re searching for a high quality, compact and portable, and sleek looking tripod sprinkler, then this might be what you’re looking for.
- It is made of premium materials that show how high of a quality this product really is.
- The aesthetic value of this sprinkler is really good. It looks sleek and nice and it will compliment your lawn.
- It’s also pretty stable and it doesn’t wobble. This also distributes water in a very consistent manner.
- The legs are a bit too thin. It would be better if these were thicker.
The best product out of the five reviewed tripod sprinklers is the Kinex Tripod Sprinkler. Why? Well, there are a lot of reasons. But to begin with, it’s primarily due to its simple and durable design. It’s well built, it’s very stable, it looks pleasing to the eye, and above all, it’s a great watering tool for your lawn.