The Best Tree Pruner For A Hassle-Free Pruning Experience
Trees are what make this world habitable. It is what makes this planet thrive with life. As good as they are, they can also be a hassle to use if we just leave them to grow out of control. To avoid this from happening, we need to prune them. In this article, we're going to tell you the best tree pruner that will make your pruning experience easier and hassle-free.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Tree Pruners?
The very first benefit that you'll get out of using a tree pruner is safety. These are very safe to use because they are specifically designed to cut and prune branches and twigs of trees. It's what they're made for, which is why they're less likely to malfunction and cause trouble on your part when you're using them. The sharp blade is also far from your hands, so you don't have to worry about accidentally cutting yourself from it.
2. Easier Pruning
If you want to prune your tree properly, you need a proper equipment or tool called as a tree pruner. Tree pruners will make it easier for you to carry on with your tree pruning task because these can easily cut through branches and twigs be it thin, thick, small, or big. It doesn't matter. It shortens the amount of time you spend when pruning because cutting branches and twigs have never been easier before.
3. Adds Beauty to the Surroundings
Tree pruners are made to control the excessive growth of trees. It’s used to remove the dried leaves, cut the overly sized branches, and trim the twigs that cause your place to look dark, dirty, and unmanaged. If you want to beautify your garden or lawn, and it happens you have a tree or a group of trees on it, it makes perfect sense for you to use a tree pruner to trim it to shape.
4. Helps Other Plants to Be Healthier
What happens when you prune a tree is that the hanging branches or long twigs that might be covering sunlight from reaching the plants below are removed. This, in turn, makes the plants healthier because they can now receive sufficient sunlight. Remember that sunlight is needed by plants for photosynthesis to make them healthy and look blooming and vibrant.
How To Use Tree Pruners The Right Way?
1. Choose The Right Time
Timing is crucial if you want to prune your tree. The best time of the year that you can prune is during the winter of spring months because this is when there are fewer leaves. Leaves are annoying when you're pruning a tree because they block your view. When there are a lot of leaves hanging, there's a tendency that you might even cut yourself because you can't properly see the branches or twigs that you're cutting.
2. Only Use Pruners Which Have Sharp Blades
See to it that the tree pruner you're using has sharp blades. The last thing you want to experience is having your pruner stuck on the tree's branches. If that happens, that would mean you need to pull it back out with full force, and you might end up cutting yourself in the process. It'll also take up a lot of time in pruning if you're using a pruner with dull blades because you can't easily cut through the tree's twigs.
3. Don’t Prune Too Much
When pruning, it is important to remember that you should never cut too close to the tree. This is because the tree will heal much quicker if its base has been removed. Though it might be tempting to cut the entire length of the twig, it isn’t recommended because it doesn’t work that way.
4. Don't Prune When You're Tired
This might be a very obvious and simple advice, but in reality, it's vital. You surely don't want to accidentally cut yourself because you can't bear the pain of having to continuously move the pruners in cutting the tree's branches and twigs. If you feel exhausted, stop what you're doing and stretch your muscles. It's best if you take a break every 15 to 20 minutes.
The Best Tree Pruners You Can Choose From
1. Tabor Tools GG12 Compound Action Anvil Lopper
The Tabor Tools GG12 Compound Action Anvil Lopper is one of our highly recommended tree pruners because of its capability to effortlessly cut even the thickest of branches. For best results, it's best to let this cut through 2 inch thick branches. Its blades are made from carbon steel, so you are assured that it will do a good job in cutting through branches like butter. Its handles are covered with a rubberized grip which will make it easier and more comfortable for you to hold onto it for extended periods of time.
- This one can easily cut through branches and twigs.
- It has a rugged design. You don’t have to worry about having it wet or having it catch dirt.
- The size is a bit too large. There are times that it feels awkward holding it.
2. Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner
The Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner is another product you can get. If you’re always cutting branches that are too high or too hard to reach, then this is the tree pruner you need. It features a power-level technology that gives you a lot of leverage when cutting through branches. It’s because of this that you can even get up to double the cutting power when compared to other tree pruners. Its maximum cutting capacity is 1 to 1/8 inches, which will surely do the job right.
- This one is easy to use. You won’t have any problem holding it or using it on reaching hard to reach branches.
- It has a very sturdy construction, which gives you the feeling that this will stand the tests of time.
- It’s a bit difficult to engage this on cutting. However, it gets easier when you’ve been using this for quite some time.
3. Generic Steel Pruning Shears
The Generic Steel Pruning Shears is also another choice you might want to try. Its handles are ergonomically designed which it makes comfortable and easy for you to hold onto it. It also has a non-slip surface, giving you g firm and tight grip. Its blades are made of premium carbon steel that can easily cut through thick branches and twigs.
- This is a durable, sturdy tree pruner. It's built for the rugged outdoors.
- It has nice quality, thanks to its carbon steel blade.
- The metal might easily snap if you’re cutting through branches that are about 3 to 5 inches in diameter.
4. Tabor Tools GL18 20-Inch Bypass Lopper
Tabor is indeed a reputable company when it comes to gardening tools, which is why another one of its product made it to the top 5 list. The Tabor Tools GL18 20-Inch Bypass Lopper is made of hardened carbon steel blade making it easy to use to cut through thick branches. It measures 20 inches and length and only weighs 1.98 pounds which are very light. You can use this for hours without straining your arms. Its handles measure 15 inches and are rubberized and ergonomically shaped.
- It's very durable. It doesn't show any signs of deterioration even if you consistently use it.
- It’s also very lightweight. It wouldn’t strain your hands and arms even if you use it for a long amount of time.
- It’s durable. It is truly made for the outdoors.
- The handles this one has been great, very comfortable and easy to hold onto.
- The price is a little bit too high.
5. Gonicc Professional SK-5 Steel Blade Ratchet Anvil Pruning Shears
The Gonicc Professional SK-5 Steel Blade Ratchet Anvil Pruning Shears is another tree pruner that we recommend. Its handle is made from chrome vanadium steel that perfectly matches its ergonomic design. The ratcheting mechanism is also very useful in multiplying your hand's power up to five times more. It even has its lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- It is a perfect size. It fits your hands pretty well, and it's not too short or too long.
- This one’s comfortable to hold. It’s also not slippery even if your hands are sweating.
- It got strong blades.
- The overall mechanism is a bit flimsy.
- There are times you need to unlock it a couple of times when it gets jammed.
The best-reviewed product is the Tabor Tools GL18 20-Inch Bypass Lopper because it has all of the features needed from a durable, easy-to-use, and efficient tree pruner. It can easily cut through thick branches, it doesn’t slip, and you can use it for hours without straining your hands and arms. If you want the best pruning experience, this one’s the best you can get.
- The Best Hand Pruners For A Better Pruning Experience
- The Best Pruning Saw For A More Attractive Garden
- How To Prune A Lime Tree For Healthy Production
Copyright Shannon R.Sanchez, Garden blog: https://cocacrop.com. All rights reserved..