Trees are what make this world habitable. It is what makes this planet thrive with life.
As good as they are, they can also be a hassle to use if we just leave them to grow out of control. To avoid this from happening, we need to prune them.
In this article, we're going to tell you the best tree pruner that will make your pruning experience easier and hassle-free.
Table of Contents
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Tree Pruners?
- The Best Tree Pruners You Can Choose From
- How To Use Tree Pruners The Right Way?
What Are The Benefits Of Using Tree Pruners?
The very first benefit that you'll get out of using a tree pruner is safety.
These are very safe to use because they are specifically designed to cut and prune branches and twigs of trees.
It's what they're made for, which is why they're less likely to malfunction and cause trouble on your part when you're using them.
The sharp blade is also far from your hands, so you don't have to worry about accidentally cutting yourself from it.
2. Easier Pruning
If you want to prune your tree properly, you need a proper equipment or tool called as a tree pruner.
Tree pruners will make it easier for you to carry on with your tree pruning task because these can easily cut through branches and twigs be it thin, thick, small, or big. It doesn't matter.
It shortens the amount of time you spend when pruning because cutting branches and twigs have never been easier before.
3. Adds Beauty to the Surroundings
Tree pruners are made to control the excessive growth of trees. It’s used to remove the dried leaves, cut the overly sized branches, and trim the twigs that cause your place to look dark, dirty, and unmanaged.
If you want to beautify your garden or lawn, and it happens you have a tree or a group of trees on it, it makes perfect sense for you to use a tree pruner to trim it to shape.
4. Helps Other Plants to Be Healthier
What happens when you prune a tree is that the hanging branches or long twigs that might be covering sunlight from reaching the plants below are removed.
This, in turn, makes the plants healthier because they can now receive sufficient sunlight.
Remember that sunlight is needed by plants for photosynthesis to make them healthy and look blooming and vibrant.
The Best Tree Pruners You Can Choose From
The Tabor Tools GG12 Compound Action Anvil Lopper is one of our highly recommended tree pruners because of its capability to effortlessly cut even the thickest of branches.
For best results, it's best to let this cut through 2 inch thick branches. Its blades are made from carbon steel, so you are assured that it will do a good job in cutting through branches like butter.
Its handles are covered with a rubberized grip which will make it easier and more comfortable for you to hold onto it for extended periods of time.
The Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner is another product you can get.
If you’re always cutting branches that are too high or too hard to reach, then this is the tree pruner you need. It features a power-level technology that gives you a lot of leverage when cutting through branches.
It’s because of this that you can even get up to double the cutting power when compared to other tree pruners.
Its maximum cutting capacity is 1 to 1/8 inches, which will surely do the job right.
The Generic Steel Pruning Shears is also another choice you might want to try.
Its handles are ergonomically designed which it makes comfortable and easy for you to hold onto it. It also has a non-slip surface, giving you g firm and tight grip.
Its blades are made of premium carbon steel that can easily cut through thick branches and twigs.
Tabor is indeed a reputable company when it comes to gardening tools, which is why another one of its product made it to the top 5 list.
The Tabor Tools GL18 20-Inch Bypass Lopper is made of hardened carbon steel blade making it easy to use to cut through thick branches.
It measures 20 inches and length and only weighs 1.98 pounds which are very light. You can use this for hours without straining your arms.
Its handles measure 15 inches and are rubberized and ergonomically shaped.
The Gonicc Professional SK-5 Steel Blade Ratchet Anvil Pruning Shears is another tree pruner that we recommend.
Its handle is made from chrome vanadium steel that perfectly matches its ergonomic design.
The ratcheting mechanism is also very useful in multiplying your hand's power up to five times more. It even has its lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
How To Use Tree Pruners The Right Way?
1. Choose The Right Time
Timing is crucial if you want to prune your tree. The best time of the year that you can prune is during the winter of spring months because this is when there are fewer leaves.
Leaves are annoying when you're pruning a tree because they block your view.
When there are a lot of leaves hanging, there's a tendency that you might even cut yourself because you can't properly see the branches or twigs that you're cutting.
2. Only Use Pruners Which Have Sharp Blades
See to it that the tree pruner you're using has sharp blades. The last thing you want to experience is having your pruner stuck on the tree's branches.
If that happens, that would mean you need to pull it back out with full force, and you might end up cutting yourself in the process.
It'll also take up a lot of time in pruning if you're using a pruner with dull blades because you can't easily cut through the tree's twigs.
3. Don’t Prune Too Much
When pruning, it is important to remember that you should never cut too close to the tree.
This is because the tree will heal much quicker if its base has been removed.
Though it might be tempting to cut the entire length of the twig, it isn’t recommended because it doesn’t work that way.
4. Don't Prune When You're Tired
This might be a very obvious and simple advice, but in reality, it's vital.
You surely don't want to accidentally cut yourself because you can't bear the pain of having to continuously move the pruners in cutting the tree's branches and twigs.
If you feel exhausted, stop what you're doing and stretch your muscles. It's best if you take a break every 15 to 20 minutes.
The best-reviewed product is the Tabor Tools GL18 20-Inch Bypass Lopper because it has all of the features needed from a durable, easy-to-use, and efficient tree pruner.
It can easily cut through thick branches, it doesn’t slip, and you can use it for hours without straining your hands and arms.
- CHOPS THROUGH 2" BRANCHES effortlessly. This KING OF LOPPERS will allow for fast removal of dry and woody growth and is the ideal tool for preparatory cuts and cut-to-length work. The lopper is designed and built for professional grade applications and makes cutting dramatically easy through extra leverage and compound action power!
- SHARP HARDENED CARBON STEEL BLADE will stay sharp, even after some heavy use! The low-friction non-stick coated gliding blade make every cut a joyful experience. The tools is easy to use, even for the elderly gardener or if you have arthritic wrists. There's no cut you can't make with this KNIGHT'S BLADE! Replacement cutting blades available.
- COMFORT GRIP. The rubberized grips on the 22" handles provide comfort and good grip. This longer 30" model will allow you to work with some extra strength and leverage and to efficiently navigate around higher limbs. The ergonomically handles are designed for optimal grip to ease the cutting of any branch. Overall, this is a balanced, powerful and dependable tool which will soon become YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE GARDEN.
- FREE GIFT: Order today, and get a wealth of pruning tips and tricks along with our follow up on your purchase.
- ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE. Customer satisfaction and service quality are the basic criteria for TABOR TOOLS. Good service is a result of flexibility, reliability and trustworthiness. We will fix any problem quickly and answer to your need every time. **CHECK OUT OUR STORE FOR MORE GARDENING PRODUCTS! - Click on the blue TABOR TOOLS link at top of page**
If you want the best pruning experience, this one’s the best you can get.