The Best String Trimmer Replacement Head For You
When it comes to maintaining the clean look of your lawn, it’s very important to make sure that the grass is trimmed properly. It’s in doing this that you are able to maintain the fresh and neat feeling of your lawn. One way to do that is by using a string trimmer. However, its head can easily be damaged which is why you need to have the best string trimmer replacement head. In this article, we’re going to talk about just that.
Top 5 Best String Trimmer Replacement Heads
1. Husqvarna String Trimmer Head
The Husqvarna String Trimmer Head is made of imported materials which gives you an impression that it will stand up to the tests of time. This trimmer head can fit all Husqvarna trimmers that have a straight shaft, as well as other Stihl, Echo, and RedMax straight shaft trimmers. It is so because of it being a universally compatible trimmer head. This also includes adapters that enable it to be attached on other brands.
- It’s an easy to install head trimmer, which is why you won’t have a hard time in setting up.
- It works great. It makes the trimming job easier and it does it in a faster way.
- It’s got some issues in terms of durability because it shows sign of deterioration after a few uses.
- There are a few missing pieces that might be due to the improper packaging practice its distributors did.
2. Weed Warrior WW EZ Lock Head
The Weed Warrior WW EZ Lock Head is what you need if you want something that can work with gas shaft and straight shaft trimmers. The chance of it getting its spool entangled is removed because of its line design.
It can cut with four lines, making it an efficient tool to speed up your lawn trimming endeavors. Its string features a red color while its body is colored black. This design is not only for aesthetic purposes as it is made to make scratches and stains to be not visible.
- It’s an effective trimmer head because of its design and high-quality construction. It can trim down grass easily.
- Durability is by your side when you’ve got this one. It doesn’t easily get scratches or easily get torn down because it’s made of premium materials.
- You’ll have a bit of problem in installing it because the mechanisms are a bit complicated.
- It can easily get stuck due to its spring loading process.
3. Better Heads PivoTrim Trimmer Head
The Better Heads PivoTrim Trimmer Head can fit almost all grass trimmer brands and models because of its universal design. It features an easy-to-install mechanism and has a load that is easy to line. The specially designed pivoting feature helps reduce the chances of line breakage. The package includes a premium pre-cut line which has a red color for better visibility. Its body is colored gray so that the stains won’t easily be seen.
- This trimmer head can easily cut through grass because of the way its body and line is designed.
- Reloading with this trimmer head is fairly easy.
- It’s not the best when it comes to durability as it can easily get scratch marks. The efficiency also deteriorates as you use it more often.
- The instructions are hard to understand.
4. Homelite Toro Easy String Head
The Homelite Toro Easy String Head is another highly recommended product of ours because of its universality. Its design is made in a way that allows the fast and seamless rotation of its body. It considers the movement and aerodynamics of the strong as to how it is designed. It weighs 6.4 ounces making it as one of the lightest replacement heads in this review. Its got a red cap at the center of its body.
- The design of this one is really interesting. It’s visually pleasing and it can fit pretty well with most string trimmers.
- It makes your string trimmer more powerful because of its lightweight design and high quality lines.
- It’s a bit hard to install, especially if it’s your first time replacing your trimmer’s head.
5. EGO Power+ Rapid Reload Trimmer Head
Then there’s the EGO Power+ Rapid Reload Trimmer Head which features a 15-inch string trimmer. It also features a rapid reload system that makes cutting faster. This helps in making it easy to replace the cutting line if you need to. Its twisted line measures 0.095 inches. The EGO parts are all assures to be genuine, which is why this is compatible with other trimmers.
- This is a great way to bring out the best in your string trimmer because it works seamlessly and perfectly with different trimmer brands.
- It’s easy to install because of its mechanism design.
- It is made of high quality materials that make it a durable product.
- The price is a bit too high, considering that there are several other brands that are cheaper but have similar quality with this one.
What Is A String Trimmer Replacement Head?
A string trimmer is a gardening tool that has a head made of strings instead of metal blades used to cut and trim the grass. The head or string trimmer replacement head needs to be replaced now and then to ensure that it remains sharp and effective in doing what it's supposed to do – and that is trimming grass.
Considerations To Make When Choosing A String Trimmer Replacement Head
The first thing you need to consider when choosing a string trimmer replacement head is its durability. It's in knowing the durability that you know if it's going to last or not. Make sure that it's made of fine and high-quality materials so that it wouldn't break easily.
Another important thing you need to consider is the design. You want something that isn’t only attractive or visually pleasing, but something that is also compatible with your string trimmer. It should be compatible so that it can function properly. Check its design and see whether it will fit on your trimmer or not.
It’s important for you to make sure that it is also priced right. And by getting it priced right, we mean that it should not be too expensive. But remember that it doesn’t mean that if it is priced cheaply, it's already a good deal for you. Take note that most cheaply priced products don't have a good quality, which is why it'd be better for you to choose one which is in the midrange prices. Not only are you assured that it's got a decent quality, but you also get to save money.
The Nice Things About Having A String Trimmer Replacement Head
1. Reserve Backup
There are a lot of reasons why you should have a string trimmer replacement head. But the best one is that you get to have a reserve backup in case your trimmer head suddenly breaks. With the help of this, you don’t need to stop what you’re doing and resume it the day after once you’ve bought a replacement. Having a string trimmer replacement head in your home means that you can install it on your trimmer anytime it breaks down.
It's also safer for you to have a string trimmer replacement head because this means that your string trimmer won't be running on a worn down head. By simply replacing its head with a new one, you are making sure that nothing wrong will happen. This also means that the chances of you getting into some accident or injury out of using the product decrease to a minimum.
3. Easier Trimming
When you have a new string trimmer replacement head, it's easier for you to trim down the grass. It's because the strings are still so fresh and they're still very sharp. You make the most out of your string trimmer by replacing its head every once in a while. It also makes you more productive because you no longer have to spend a lot of time trimming it.
4. Improved Efficiency
When you have a string replacement head installed, your string trimmer won't have a hard time in working. This means that it'd have an improvement in its efficiency. It will be faster in trimming down grass, and it won't use up a lot of power whether you're using a gas-powered trimmer or an electric one.
The best product out of the five reviewed replacement heads is the EGO Power+ Rapid Reload Trimmer Head. It’s fully functional, compatible, works perfectly, and is very easy to install. It’s a hassle-free way to replace your string trimmer’s head. If you want to make sure that it’s the best head for you, then better get this one. It’ll surely serve you well.