You might have experienced your hose kinking or twisting when you're watering your plants. It sure is a very irritating thing to deal with. Fortunately, you can get a rubber garden hose. These are more durable and efficient in watering your plants. Here, we're going to tell you the best rubber garden hose you can get for yourself.
The Benefits Of A Rubber Garden Hose
The very first reason why it's better for you to have a rubber garden hose instead of a vinyl one is that these are more durable. Rubber is very useful in tolerating varying amounts of pressure. Most of the time, rubber hoses outlasts the vinyl ones because rubber is better in dealing with water or any liquid. It doesn't soak up or deteriorate when it gets too wet. Another thing which makes rubber garden hoses more durable is that they usually have a nylon tire cord support. There are also some products that are reinforced with polyester, adding more strength to the hose.
2. Temperature Tolerant
Another cool thing about rubber garden hoses is that they are temperature tolerant. What we mean by this is that these hoses can be run through with cold or hot water. The water's temperature doesn't matter. Most vinyl hoses don't do well in hot water because it easily seeps out of the hose especially during hot and humid days. In the case of rubber hoses, hot water won’t seep out because the rubber material has a very tight texture that ensures no liquid would seep through it.
3. Better Control
The most distinguishing feature of rubber hoses, when compared to vinyl ones, is that these are heavier. Rubber is heavier than vinyl because it has a more compact and tight texture. It's because of this that you get to have better control with rubber hoses. Contrary to most people's idea that it's hard to control rubber hoses because they're heavy and stiff, it's not that way. Its heavier weight and stiffer body are what reduces the tendency of it swaying back and forth or coiling suddenly. Its sturdy body also makes it easy to maneuver and bring with you.
4. Longer Service Life
It's because of the better durability of rubber garden hoses that they also have a longer service life than the vinyl hoses. This means that you won't have to worry about it getting damaged or get ripped. Remember that the most common problem garden hoses have is that they usually get stepped on or rolled over by a car. Through time, these instances cause your hose to lose its shape and eventually get torn up. But because rubber hoses are more flexible and have a more rigid body, they're less likely to get damaged. They can handle being rolled over by your car's heavy wheels because of their flexibility.
5. Saves You Money in the Long Run
Because you don't need to regularly buy a new garden hose every time your current hose gets damaged, you get to save money. Yes, these rubber hoses are more expensive than vinyl hoses. However, they are more durable and can last for five to ten years or even more. Compare that to the average one to two years of lifespan of vinyl hoses. You save money in the long run when you're using a rubber garden hose.
Top 5 Best Rubber Garden Hose
1. Gilmour Farm & Ranch Hose
The Gilmour Farm & Ranch Hose is a good choice if you want to ensure the durability of your garden house. The reason why it's a durable hose is that its surface is double reinforced. It also has its protective collar that reduces the likelihood of it having kinks while you're using it. Meanwhile, its brass couplings are all heavy duty. They won't break even when exposed to extreme temperatures. The rugged red cover protects it from getting scratches or abrasions.
- This is a thick and sturdy hose, but it’s still easy to use.
- It is made of high-quality materials. You'll feel that it's of premium make.
- It also has an affordable price.
- It’s a little bit heavy to carry around.
The Briggs and Stratton Heavy-Duty Rubber Garden Hose is another good choice if you're searching for a reliable garden hose. This is 25-feet in length and has heavy-duty couplings that are said to be crush proof. It also features an industrial-style reinforcement that ensures it will be durable even at strong water pressures. This also has its rubber washer so that it will be kept tight when securing it to a water source.
- This rubber hose is very easy to use. You can control it very well. You won’t have any problem in twisting it in various directions because it is flexible
- Despite its flexibility, it is still a very capable hose. It has a heavy-duty construction that gives you the feeling it will last for a long time.
- It ensures water is kept inside. There is no sign of any leaking with this garden hose.
- It is a bit expensive.
You can also choose the Apache Industrial Rubber Water Hose which can do a pretty good in supplying your outdoors with water. It is made from 100% rubber and is supported by heavy-duty couples made of solid brass. It also has a bend restrictor that stops kinking and twisting. If you need a reliable hose that is perfect for the outdoors, then this is what you need. It does an excellent job in resisting sunlight, cracking, or any abrasion. You can even leave it outside in freezing temperatures, and it would still be working just fine. This is an industrial-grade rubber hose that can be used in serious industrial watering tasks.
- This is a very durable rubber hose. It can withstand extreme temperatures.
- There’s no way that you’ll be able to kink this. It’s that sturdy.
- It’s a little bit difficult to control it. This is because the texture of the hose is too stiff.
The Craftsman Rubber Garden Hose is probably one of the best rubber hoses in the market today. This is because it has a lot of features which ensures its durability, functionality, and usage convenience. This is made possible thanks to its 50 feet rubber hose length. You surely won't be short of hose. You can surely reach every corner when you're using this one. It's made of a rubber coupling material that is supported by nickel plated brass. It is 5/8-inch in diameter and is assured to be kink-resistant.
- This will be lasting a long time with you. It's very durable, and it doesn't easily get scratches or any damages.
- It features a very solid and sturdy design. You'll feel that you're using a robust hose when this is in your hands.
- Despite its solid sturdiness, it still is very flexible. What this means is you can easily control, twist, and maneuver it during use.
- It has a good set of hose threads that doesn’t show any signs of leaking.
- You'll notice that it might kink a bit. But when it does, it quickly snaps back into place. Technically, it's not a disadvantage.
The GrowGreen HEAVY DUTY Expandable Hose is another reliable hose that you might want to try. This is an expandable hose. Before using it, it measures 17 feet in length. But it then expands to a whopping 50 feet when you let water pressure flow through it. What makes this rubber hose different from the others is that this is a space saver. When water is out, it returns to its original length of 17 feet, which makes it easier for you to store in somewhere else. It also has its shut off valve to give you more control. It features a design that is kink and twist-resistant.
- This is a very light-weight rubber hose. You can easily carry it anywhere.
- Can cover a huge place thanks to its expandable 50-feet hose.
- It can easily leak when you've mishandled it. Be sure to store it in a safe place away from the external factors of the environment.
Out of the five rubber garden hose products reviewed, the one that stands out among the rest is the GrowGreen HEAVY DUTY Expandable Hose. It has all of the needed features required of a reliable rubber garden hose. It can cover a huge area; it's easy to use, is very reliable, and is a fully-functional and useful garden hose. If you want a hose that will last a lifetime, then this is what you’re looking for.