The Best Rooting Hormone You Can Try
We all know how important it is to have healthy plants in our garden. It is where the look and feel of our garden depends on – the welfare of the plants. And how do plants become healthy? It does this by absorbing water and nutrients from its roots.
With this, it makes perfect sense for us to ensure that it has big, properly-functioning roots. We can do that by using rooting hormones. In this article, we're going to help you choose the best rooting hormones. For sure, your garden will look better thanks to this write-up.
Top 5 Best Rooting Hormones
1. Hormex HC1204 Liquid Concentrate
The Hormex HC1204 Liquid Concentrate is one of the best rooting hormones because of it having a mixture of vitamins and growth stimulant. This is what separates this among other products. What’s great about this is that it is good in preventing transplant shock. What this means is that it makes transplanting easier for you because it becomes tolerable on the changes it experiences. If you’re into transplanting, this is what you need. It does this by prioritizing the stimulation growth of the younger feeder roots.
- It’s a good product because of its effectiveness. It’s a pretty good choice if you want to make your plants healthier.
- It can help boost the plant’s explosive growth. You’ll be shock to see them increase in size in just a few days.
- It has a tendency to have a negative effect on other plants, so you might want to make sure that it doesn’t spill over.
- The white packaging can easily make it dirty.
2. Clonex Hydrodynamics Clone Solution
The Clonex Hydrodynamics Clone Solution is another rooting hormone you might want to try. It contains a mix of high quality vitamins, minerals, root promoters, and rooting agents, that is most likely to help your plant’s root improvement endeavor. It is specifically designed to encourage rapid root development. It also has specific micronutrients that help support the creation of bigger roots in more numbers. It’s a highly concentrated rooting solution.
- It is a fast acting rooting hormone, making it very effective if you want fast improvements for your plants.
- Your roots will become very fuzzy, which is great for mineral absorption.
- It’s not great for older and bigger plants. It’s only effective for younger seedlings.
- It’s a bit expensive.
3. Dip n Grow Rooting Concentrate
The Dip n Grow Rooting Concentrate is a liquid rooting hormone that is effective in improving the health of your plant’s roots. This works well if you mix it with water, as the dilution process makes it have a stronger effect to your plants. What makes this stand out among the other products is that it not only allows the roots, but also the stem to absorb the rooting hormone. This makes it more effective as it gets absorbed by the majority of the rooting concentrate.
- This is a great product because it gets absorbed not only by the roots but the stem as well.
- It’s perfect for use on Aspen seedlings.
- You can immediately see the positive effects because the stems magnify the improvements.
- This rooting hormone is a bit expensive.
4. Supernatural Rootburst Powder
The Supernatural Rootburst Powder is also a highly recommended rooting hormone. It’s made of high quality rooting formula that is specifically mixed to maintain the overall health of your plant’s roots. It prioritizes the maintenance of the root’s physical features in order to make it more absorbent of the water and nutrients it can get from its surroundings. It’s a gel rooting hormone and has 2 ounces of substance in it.
- It’s an effective rooting hormone. You can easily see the effects of it on your plants.
- It’s a fast-acting rooting hormone. You don’t have to worry about waiting for the days just to see the outcome. You’ll be surprised to see your plants blooming.
- This is a great option if you’re going to apply it during the vegetative stage of the plant.
- The packaging is not that great because it’s unsecure. It might spill off of it.
- It has a small volume. You might be short of applying it especially if you’ll be covering a huge area of plants.
5. Hormodin Rooting Hormone
The Hormodin Rooting Hormone is probably one of the best there is because of it being a specialty product. It is specifically made to be used on poinsettias, roses, carnations, and different kinds of shrubs. If you’ve got herbaceous plants on your garden, then this is what you need. It is a one-pound jar, and is proven to not just be effective on the mentioned plants, but to other plant-lives as well. This also works great if you’re into professional horticulture, as the effects are fast-acting with these.
- There is a very high success rate if you’re going to use this rooting hormone. You don’t have to worry about it taking some time to take effect. It acts fast.
- This is great for produce gardening as it helps increase your yields.
- It’s an effective rooting hormone as it can be used on almost any kind of plants.
- The price for this product is a bit too high considering that it’s volume is a little low.
- You might be short of using this product especially if you’ll be covering a lot of plants.
The Benefits Of Using Rooting Hormone
1. Increase Root Volume
The best thing about rooting hormones is that these are very effective in increasing the root volume of your plants. It does this thanks to the effects of the release of a hormone that it does when it makes contact with the soil and the plant. This is what makes these very useful if you want to have bigger and healthier plants. It's in having bigger and more roots that the plant can absorb more water and nutrients from the soil, in turn, making them healthier.
2. Stimulates Root Creation
One of the common problems of some plants is that they are not naturally inclined to have a lot of roots. It's because of this that they experience being limited regarding its capacity to absorb water and nutrients from the soil and its surroundings. With the help of rooting hormones, root creation is stimulated, and the plant produces more roots. It becomes more welcoming and tolerable of taking in more nutrients.
3. Makes Plants Stronger
When the plants absorb a lot of water and nutrients from its surroundings, it becomes stronger. They become more tolerable of the different changes in the environment. Whether it’s cold or too hot, the plant won’t mind, because they can survive through it. They become sturdier and more resilient to changes. That’s what gives them a longer lifespan compared to the other plants which aren’t given any rooting hormones.
4. Greener Color
Though this might not apply to all plants because each plant has its different genetic makeup, it still applies to the many. By becoming better at absorbing water and nutrients from the soil, your plant becomes healthier. And when they become healthier, they get greener. It's this change that most people resort to rooting hormones because it makes their garden or lawn look much better.
The Different Types Of Rooting Hormones
1. Gel Rooting Hormones
Gel rooting hormones are one of the most popular types because of its effectiveness in increasing the volume and number of roots. Though these are usually more expensive than the other types, it still is salable because it’s fairly easy to use. And it doesn’t get messy because of its semi-solid state.
2. Liquid Rooting Hormones
Then there are the liquid rooting hormones which are considered to be the most popular type. It’s because these can be easily stored and used. You can simply place them in a spray bottle or garden bottle, and they can then be ready to be used. These rooting hormones work best by mixing them with alcohol or water.
3. Powder Rooting Hormones
The powder rooting hormones are talc-based products which are thoroughly mixed with a minuscule amount of artificial hormone. This is the rooting hormone choice of most professionals because of its precision in accuracy when applying it to your plants.
Out of the five reviewed products, the one to stand out among the rest is the Supernatural Rootburst Powder. Why? It’s because it is very effective in ensuring that your plant’s roots will grow big and will increase in volume and in number. It’s fast-acting, and assures to increase your yields especially if you’re into produce vegetation.
If you want the best rooting hormone, then it makes perfect sense for you to get this one. You’ll surely not regret it, because it’ll make your garden look booming and more refreshing.