We need to maintain our gardens because this is what gives an accent to the outside of our homes. One way of doing maintenance is by regularly pruning the bushes, plants, and trees.
In this article, we’re going to help you choose the best pruning saw that’ll surely give your garden a more refreshing and attractive look.
Table of Contents
- The Different Types Of Pruning Saws
- Top 5 Best Pruning Saw Reviews
- Most Important Benefits Of Using Pruning Saws
The Different Types Of Pruning Saws
1. Foldable Saws
There are different types of pruning saws available in the market. But the most popular one is the folding pruning saws.
This is because these are very convenient and portable. They don't need to have a huge storage area because they can easily be folded when not in use.
They're also very lightweight, which will surely be helpful if you're always on the go or is planning to prune someone else's garden.
2. Electric Saws
If you don’t want to smell any fumes or wanted to have an extra hand or have more power in pruning, then what you need is an electric saw.
These are battery powered and are recharged by plugging it into an electric outlet.
3. Gas-Powered Saws
These are the most powerful type of pruning saw.
If you are a professional gardener or pruner or if you want to cut through thick branches, then this is what you need.
Just be sure that you’re ready to face the consequences of having to pay for the fuel or gas.
4. Hand Saws
These are the most affordable type of pruning saw because they don’t have any special features.
But what’s great about them is that they’re simple, powerful, and would surely last a long time.
The absence of fancy features proves to be a good thing with this pruning saw.
5. Pole Saws
Then there are these pole saws that are the perfect type of pruning saw to use if you’re going to cut branches or twigs that are too high up for you to reach.
These pruning saws are telescopic which means that they are extendable. Some can even be extended up to 20 feet in length.
Top 5 Best Pruning Saw Reviews
The Home Planet Gear EverSaw Folding Hand Saw features an 8 inch blade that is made for rugged use.
It’s with its blade that it can easily cut through bone, wood, or even plastic effortlessly. Its design is also specifically constructed to reduce friction.
What’s best about this pruning saw is that it is slip resistant thanks to its comfortable gripping handles.
You are even assured that this will last a lifetime because of its Lifetime warranty.
The Samurai Ichiban Curved Pruning Saw with Scabbard is a Japanese-inspired pruning saw.
It features a Kyoku blade which is popular in Japan due to its sharpness and durability. It weighs only 12.8 ounces, making this as one of the lightest pruning saws in the list. Its blade measures 13 inches in length.
Its curved design is not only stylish but it is also fully functional as it makes slicing and cutting through thick branches effortless.
Tabor Tools Pruning Saw is one of the best pruning saws in this list because of its materials and the way it is designed.
It has a 10-inch, blade and it weighs only 0.7 pounds, making this a very strong but lightweight pruning saw.
It also has a safety scabbard that protects you from accidentally cutting yourself from the blades.
Its handles are ergonomically designed and resemble the handles of a pistol.
The Coher Folding Hand Saw has a 6.7 inch blade that features a triple cut razor teeth design. This is a folding saw, which means that this is portable and you can carry it wherever you like to go.
Its handle is coated with anti-skid material which gives you a firm grip even if you’ve got sweaty hands.
You will also get a portable carrying plastic scabbard that will keep you safe from accidentally cutting yourself from it.
Pruning Reciprocating Saw is another highly recommended pruning saw in our list because of its high carbon steel blade and steel allow construction.
This one weighs 8.8 ounces and also has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. It’s because of this that you get the peace of mind you deserve.
This pruning saw measures 9 inches in length which is not that bad if you are a regular plant or tree pruner.
Most Important Benefits Of Using Pruning Saws
1. Size Control
The number one reason why it's important to use pruning saws is that they help in controlling the size of your plants.
Your plant can grow out of control and might become an eyesore if left untrimmed.
2. Injury and Damage Prevention
Untrimmed pruning saws might not only be unpleasant to look at, but they can also cause serious trouble.
Overgrown roots and branches might cause safety hazards for people because they might trip or accidentally bump into it. This can also cause damage to properties.
Examples of these are the branches that can apply too much force when they are already touching the windows or the gutter of your house.
3. Improves Plant’s Health
Untrimmed or plants that haven't been pruned are more likely to be prone to different diseases caused by pests or fungal growth.
You can avoid this from happening when you use pruning saws because it's through pruning that you can remove the dead and dried up leaves that are susceptible to fungal and pest infection.
4. Improves Fruiting and Flowering Likelihood
By using pruning saws to trim and maintain the look of your plants, you are also increasing the chances of it bearing fruit or it blossoming flowers.
This is because sunlight can easily pass through your plants, thereby making it healthier.
Every product reviewed in this article are all highly recommended.
However, the best pruning saw to emerge is the Coher Folding Hand Saw. It has high quality durable and sharp blades, it has a comfortable grip, it’s got advanced safety features, and has an excellent aesthetic appeal.
If you want to make your pruning session easier and more comfortable on your part, then this is the pruning saw you need to have.
- POWER BLADE FOR PRUNING:: Rugged 6.7’’Blade Folding Hand Saw with Triple-cut razor teeth hardened to stay sharp for Smooth and fast sawing. You’re getting a sturdy, all purpose pull-cut handsaw that’s built to last and made for real work & serious play – Makes a great gift!
- EASY TO USE FOR MULTIPLE ACTIVITIES: Gardening, Camping, Landscaping, Hunting, tree trimming, clearing trails. Good for woodworking or campfire and acts like a survival or emergency tool when needed. EASILY CUTS wood, bone & plastic. MULTI-PURPOSE utility job saw. Easy and safe to carry
- INNOVATIVE PLASTIC SCABBARD: To avoid injury, loss or rust by keeping this Japanese style foldable handsaw in a strong protective we created an portable carrying plastic scabbard perfect for travel or storage.
- CONFORTABLE, ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The handle is designed with DOUBLE colour ANTI-SKID to offer firm grip and confortable, the blade is ajustable and safety lock.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Order with confidence! The coher customer satisfaction guarantee means exactly that. You can choose REPLACEMENT TOOL or REFUNDING in case of any unhappy purchase reason! We will fix any problems quickly and answer to your need every time! We are always available to help our customers.