The Best Oscillating Sprinkler For Proper Garden Watering
Watering your garden should never be put on the sidelines because it's a very important thing to consider. This is where the health of your plants relies on, as well as the feel and look of your house. But how can you do that? Well, the answer to that is simple, and that is by using the best oscillating sprinkler. That's what we're going to talk about in this article. Have fun reading, mate.
What Is An Oscillating Sprinkler?
Oscillating sprinklers are one of the most popular types of garden sprinklers being sold in the market. What this does is that it the shape of the water that is sprayed out looks like a fan. And a fan swings back and force. This is how it gets its name – oscillating. Its metal arm oscillates or moves back and forth. This is done so that it can cover a rectangular area that is around 20 x 30 feet.
The Benefits Of Using An Oscillating Sprinkler
1. Perfect for Large Lawns
The number one reason why oscillating sprinklers are popular is that they're perfect for large lawns. Take note, there are a lot of lawns that are large-sized, which is why most people prefer this over other types. It can easily cover huge areas because of its back and forth swinging motion.
This type of motion makes it easily cover all of the areas, along with the garden's edges and surrounding areas. But be careful because these sprinklers can supply your plants with too much water, that's why you should make sure that it won't flood the area.
2. Water Conservation
Another reason why oscillating sprinklers are widely used is that they are pretty good at conserving water. You can set them up to water your garden throughout the entirety of the night. This is the time when the temperature is at its lowest peak.
And when the temperature is cold, water can easily be absorbed by the plants because it doesn't get dried up easily by the sun. When this happens, you use less water and your water bill goes down.
These oscillating sprinklers are also pretty good when it comes to customizability. These give you the freedom to customize your watering strategy depending on the size of your lawn. This is very important especially if you want to target only a specific portion of your garden. There are also a lot of oscillating sprinklers that have a lot of advanced features that make it easier for you to use.
4. Adds Home Value
Another cool thing about these oscillating sprinklers is that they add value to your home. This is because it shows that you care for your garden, lawn, and entire home. If you’re going to sell your house for some reason, you’ll find it easier to sell it because the buyer can see that you’re giving it the care it deserves. These oscillating sprinklers are also pretty good when it comes to watering consistency. And it also frees up a lot of your time too!
Things To Consider When Choosing An Oscillating Sprinkler
1. Flow Rate
The first thing you must consider when choosing an oscillating sprinkler is its flow rate. The flow rate is the one which tells you how much water is flowing out from it per second or per minute. Know the rate of water that flows from it so that you'll avoid your plants drowning. Also, see to it that the main feed pipe will be bigger than the hosepipe so that the water can easily flow through it.
Make sure that the area your sprinkler will be targeting is within reach so that you don't have to set the pressure to a higher than normal level. Also, make sure that it doesn't use too much water or power.
Remember that when it comes to watering your plants, it's not the strength of the water distribution that counts, but it's the placement of the supply. This means you need to make sure that you put it in a strategic location. In doing this, the sprinkler must fit on the area you wish to put it.
3. Supply Pressure
Then make sure that your water supply can handle the needed pressure of the oscillating sprinkler. If it can’t, then your sprinkler’s features would be useless. This is why before buying one, make sure that your water source is working properly. And that it should be capable of driving enough water supply to feed your garden.
Then there’s the brand consideration. The brand of the oscillating sprinkler plays a major role because this is where the quality of the product depends. It’s recommended that you choose the sprinkler that is made by a reputable company. If you’re not sure if it’s reputable or not, you can check it out on the internet and see if the testimonials of people are positive or not. There are a lot of product reviews you can search on the internet.
You also must consider the price. But this doesn't mean that you're going to choose the cheapest one because cheap products are usually made of low quality. Also, don't be fooled into buying the expensive ones. It's because not all expensive products are made of high-quality materials. Settle for the medium-priced sprinklers so that you can save money without sacrificing quality and price.
Top 5 Best Oscillating Sprinklers
1. Gardena ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler
The Gardena ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler features 16 flexible rubber nozzles. This is the reason why it can distribute water evenly. It also has a sealed turbo gear that features its own flow control dial. This adds support to the water supply and it also makes sure that it won't have any clogs as time goes by. Its spray head has a swivel function, making it completely adjustable. This is the kind of oscillating sprinkler you need to have if you want an even water distribution. It's also newbie-friendly, so this will go perfectly if it's your first time using one.
- It is perfect if you have a long and rectangular lawn. This is because of its design.
- The sprinkler also has a great range. It can cover a huge portion of your lawn.
- It’s also easy to adjust.
- It can easily stutter, especially if your water supply is not that clean.
- It can also have some leaks if the piping is not properly installed, or if it's placed on a rough surface.
2. Green Thumb Metal Oscillating Sprinkler
The Green Thumb Metal Oscillating Sprinkler is another one we recommend to you. This is one of the best when it comes to reaching, thanks to its 3,000 square feet of coverage. It has a rectangular spray pattern which is just the kind you need if you've got a rectangular lawn or garden. One of the highlights of this sprinkler is its turbo heart non-padding action. Its 59 position dial a rain action also makes it more efficient.
- It’s very easy to setup because of its’ user-friendly design.
- It also stays true to its advertisements.
- This is way better than other sprinklers that are made of plastic. It's durable, and you'll easily know that it's made of high-quality materials.
- It doesn’t look that good when placed in your garden. It’s too bulky and the design is a bit off.
- Though it’s durable overall, it can still easily get scratches.
3. Rainwave Turbo Gear Oscillating Sprinkler
The Rainwave Turbo Gear Oscillating Sprinkler is another one that’s worth trying. This is one of the best products when it comes to aesthetics and overall design. It looks sleek and its design is not just made for aesthetic purposes but they’re also functional. This is what you need to have if you want to have a smooth and more efficient sprinkler. Its dimension measures 3 x 7 x 18 inches and weighs 0.7 pounds. It’s very light and there’s no way that this is going to fall to the ground because of its stable base stand. It has 18 holes where the water gets out. This is the ideal number if you want to ensure that the water it gives off is controlled.
- This is a very durable oscillating sprinkler. Even though this one fell a lot of times, it still is intact and it didn’t get any scratches.
- The price is also fair. It’s not the cheapest one, but it’s also not that expensive. This is despite its sleek design.
- It looks really nice and sleek.
- This is not a heavy duty oscillating sprinkler because its reach is not that huge.
- You need to have another sprinkler if your garden is huge.
4. Gardena Aquazoom Oscillating Sprinkler
The Gardena Aquazoom Oscillating Sprinkler is what you need if you've got a square or rectangular shaped garden or lawn. It has an adjustable spray width of 13 feet, but it can reach up to 55 feet. That's how efficient this one is when it comes to reaching. Meanwhile, its adjustable spray length is 23 feet to 69 feet. Its coverage is 301.4 to 3767.4 square feet. It looks neat due to its metallic design. The orange linings found on its side are also complimentary to its overall look. Its dimension measures 3.5 x 6.5 x 22.52 inches and weighs 2 pounds. This gives you an assurance that it won't easily stumble down when placed in your garden.
- The texture of the water that it sprays is streamlined and is constant all the way through.
- It's durable and is also made of high-quality materials. You'll know that it is when you touch it. It feels premium.
- There are times when it stops spinning suddenly. This happens usually when it’s overused and it’s been running for more than 24 hours.
- It also makes clicking sounds.
- It pours water out of the jets found in the middle. Because of this, you need to make sure that you’re going to turn it off if it’s been going on for more than 12 hours. Give it a break, and turn it back on after 15 or 30 minutes.
5. Pathonor Oscillating Sprinkler
The Pathonor Oscillating Sprinkler has a 90-degrees automatic swing spraying, which makes it an efficient garden sprayer. It can freely move, giving you a lot of coverage. It's easy to use too. Just adjust the sprinkler angel as well as the sprinkle modes. It won't even take you a minute to do that. That's how easy this is to use. It has a smooth water flow thanks to its high-quality impact body construction. It's what you need if you want a stable sprinkler because this will surely be in place.
- It’s the ideal size for your garden. It adds beauty to your home because of its design and size.
- It works pretty well. It sprays water smoothly and evenly, and it doesn’t show any sign of spraying inconsistencies.
- This one’s very easy to use. It’s probably the most user-friendly sprinkler you can find.
- Its design is not only for aesthetic purposes, but it’s also fully functional.
- It’s a bit too pricey. There are other oscillating sprinklers that are cheaper than this one, even if they have similar features.
Each of the reviewed products is highly recommended. However, there is still one that will emerge as the best oscillating sprinkler. And that is the Pathonor Oscillating Sprinkler. Not only does it have the ideal size, but it also is very efficient in spraying water. The spray pattern is smooth, fine, and consistent, and it doesn’t emit any noise. It’s very easy to use too! If it’s your first time to use one and you want the best oscillating sprinkler, then there’s no doubt that this one’s what you need.