The Best Loppers For An Easier Tree Cutting
It is a well-known fact that we all want the best for our gardens and backyards. We want it to not only look attractive but to make it also neat and clean. You might want to remove a few branches or twigs to give our houses a more appealing look. To do that, what you need to have is a lopper. In this article, we're going to show you the best loppers you can lay your hands on.
The Benefits Of Having A Lopper
1. Easily Cut Through Twigs and Branches
The very first benefit that you’ll get out of using loppers is that you’ll find it easier to cut through twigs and branches. This happens because these tools are specifically designed to do just that. The length of the handles, the size of the blades, and the overall mechanism it follows all contribute to making your twig-cutting, branch-removal sessions much easier.
2. Safe to Use
These are also safe to use. Compare it to other gardening tools such as chainsaws and manual saws where you can easily cut yourself with it. In using a lopper, you don't have to worry any of those. These loppers have a long handle that provides enough space for you to safely situate your hands far enough for it not to touch the blades. You have the peace of mind when you use loppers.
3. Helps in Beautifying Your Garden or Lawn
When you use loppers in gardening, you will surely have a more attractive garden, lawn, or backyard. This is because you can easily remove the unnecessary branches and twigs. These cover the design of your house as well as sunlight. When you remove these twigs in a very relaxed manner, you're more likely to do it regularly. This removes the tendency for branches and twigs to grow uncontrollably.
Things To Consider When Purchasing A Lopper
1. Type of Cutting Blades
The first thing you need to consider before buying one is to decide on which kind of lopper are you going to buy. There are two kinds of loppers; these are the bypass loppers and the anvil ones. Bypass loppers are like scissors that only have one blade. Its edge is usually unsharpened and is shaped like a hook. On the other hand, anvil loppers are bigger than the bypass ones. These also have longer handles and are better in cutting branches and twigs.
2. Telescoping Feature
It’s also important that you buy a lopper that has a telescoping feature. What this feature does is that it allows your lopper to extend in length when needed. This means that you can still use it with ease if you want it short. But if you need to cut twigs that cannot be easily reached, you can simply adjust and extend its length. Just be sure that it locks in place when they’re extended.
You also need to consider the grip of the lopper of your choice. There are different grip designs you can choose from. There are those that have an ergonomically shaped grip, while there are also loppers that have soft and cushioned handles. The latter are more comfortable on your hands but are not the most durable ones.
Top 5 Best Loppers Reviews
The Fiskars Extendable Handle Lopper with Single Pivot is a highly recommended lopper because it features a fully hardened steel blade. The blade is covered with a non-stick coating that helps make it easier for you to cut through twigs and branches. This is an adjustable lopper as it has telescoping handles. It can stretch from 24.5 inches to 37 inches. Its grips are also cushioned. It has a shock-absorbing bumper located in its front to make your cutting more comfortable. This also has a 1.5-inch cutting capacity.
- This is made of high-quality materials. It feels durable when in use.
- It’s also fairly easy to use. You don’t need to adjust or come up with a technique in holding or cutting with it.
- The handles are not that sturdy. There are times when it feels too flimsy. It's also a bit hard to cut through thick and large twigs.
The MLTOOLS Easy Cut Ratcheting Extendable Bypass Lopper is also a nice choice for a lopper. Its blades are made from premium carbon steel blades that are specifically designed to make ratcheting easier. This has a telescoping handle which can expand up to 39.5 inches. Even though it has aluminum handles, it still is lightweight. Its grips are also padded with non-slip handles. This lopper has a cutting capacity of 1.75 inches thick.
- This has a nice, simple, and minimalistic design. It doesn’t easily get dirty because of the texture of its surface.
- It’s also pretty lightweight. You won’t have any problem using this over an extended amount of time. It doesn’t stress your arms even if you’ve been using this for over an hour.
- This is a flexible lopper. You don’t need to have another one because you can easily extend this if you need to have more reach coverage.
- Just be sure that you don't let it cut through very thick branches or twigs because this can easily break. Before cutting, make sure that the lopper can handle it to prevent any unnecessary damage.
You might also want to try the Fiskars Ratchet Drive Anvil Lopper. This lopper features a precision ground steel blade. This is the perfect lopper if you want to cut through thick branches and twigs. It has a maximum capacity of 2 inches, making this one of the toughest loppers in the market. It features a rachet design which makes it easier for you to control it when cutting through branches or twigs.
- It’s easy to use. You don’t need to do any techniques to control this easily. It’s easily controllable and doesn’t stress you up.
- This lopper can quickly cut through twigs or branches, thanks to its high maximum cutting capacity of 2 inches.
- Generally speaking, this lopper is easy to use. However, if you’re going to use it to cut through small branches or twigs, you might find it a little bit tricky to use because of its overly strong blades.
The Spear & Jackson-Kew Collection Heavy Duty Telescopic Ratchet Anvil Loppers is also a good choice if you're searching for a durable and reliable lopper. It features high-quality carbon steel blades that you can count on when it comes to lasting sharpness. Its blades are coated with PTFE, making it rust resistant. This also helps its cutting procedure to run smoother than other brands. It has a maximum cutting capacity of 2 inches, making this a very capable lopper. Best of all, this is a telescopic lopper. You can extend its handles from 28 inches to 40 inches.
- This lopper is easy to use. You’ll not have any problem in controlling and maneuvering it even if you use it for hours at a time. It’s lightweight.
- This is made from high-quality materials. It feels pretty robust and solid. It gives you the assurance that it will last for a long time.
- The only downside to this is that you need to remove the stuck branches on its jaws regularly. The chains also loosen up a little bit, which is why you need to tighten and put oil on it.
The Tabor Tools GG12 Compound Action Anvil Lopper is probably one of the best loppers in the market today. Its blades are made from sharpened and hardened carbon steel blades. It has a comfortable grip as it is padded with a cushion that also gives you a firm grip. It's simple yet robust design is what you need if you want a lopper that can pack a serious punch.
- It's a robust and sturdy lopper that is built for extreme ruggedness. This makes it very durable and sturdy.
- This can easily cut through thick branches and twigs.
- It’s pretty lightweight. You can use this for hours if you need.
- There's no real downside to this product. However, you might find it a little bit hard to find replacement parts if ever something goes wrong with it.
Out of the five reviewed products, the one that managed to emerge as the best lopper is the Tabor Tools GG12 Compound Action Anvil Lopper. It features a simple, yet very sturdy design is made from high-quality materials, and can easily cut through thick branches and twigs. It's also very lightweight and you can easily control it. If you want convenience, capability, and durability by your side, then this is what you’re searching for.