We all want the best for our gardens and lawns. We need to make sure that it is clean, tidy, and conducive for living for our plants. One way to ensure that it happens is by using a leaf rake. In this article, we're going to show you the benefits of having one, as well as the best leaf rakes you can get.
The Benefits Of Having A Leaf Rake
1. Cleaner Garden or Lawn
One of the first benefits that you can get out of using a leaf rake is that you’ll surely have a cleaner garden or lawn. This is because you have a tool that can help you clean up the fallen leaves that will soon rot if left unattended. Not only does your garden look cleaner, but it will also look more spacious. This would then add beauty to your home.
2. Easier Cleanup Job
Another benefit you can get in using a leaf rake is that you'll find it easier to clean up your garden or lawn. It sure is a hassle to manually pick up the fallen and rotten leaves on the ground. That will take you hours and hours of work. Worse is that you'll suffer from back pain when you do that for extended amounts of time. To prevent that from happening, you need to use a leaf rake. You just need to hold onto it and scrape off the accumulating leaves on the garden, gather them up, and use a dustpan to throw them to the garbage bin.
3. Prevents Rotting
One of the main problems that happen on your garden or lawn is that the dried up leaves rot when they are left on the ground for quite some time. You surely don’t want to see rotting leaves on the ground. Not only does this mess up the look of your home, but this can also be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects. Rotting leaves will also give off a foul smell. But with the help of a leaf rake, you stop that from happening because you can easily rake them off and throw them straight in the garbage bin.
4. Prevents Fungi Buildup
Fungi love cool and damp places, such as surfaces that have a lot of dried up fallen leaves. You surely don't want to let fungi grow in your garden or lawn because they would just suck the life off your plants and flowers. Fungi need nutrients to survive, and they usually get these from the surrounding plant life. By using a leaf rake, you are making sure that all of the dried leaves are removed and scraped off the ground. This warms up your garden and enables sunlight to shine onto the ground, thus stopping the potential growth of fungi.
5. Prevents Injuries
This is perhaps the most underrated benefit that you’ll get when using a leaf rake. Leaf rakes help prevent injuries because it clears up your pathway whenever you're walking in your garden or lawn. Piled up dried leaves most likely cover holes, dips, or slight bumps on the ground and you can't see them. You can then tumble and fall to the ground when you step on them, which might cause you injuries. With the help of a leaf rake, you are motivated to clear up all the piled up fallen leaves. This clears up your path and removes the tendency of you falling on the ground and sustaining injuries.
Top 5 Best Leaf Rakes
If you are searching for a reliable leaf rake, then you can get the Emsco Group Children's Garden Leaf Rake. This leaf rake is specially made for children. It is made of soft but durable plastic material which makes it lightweight and convenient for children to play with. This ensures the safety of your kids because it doesn't have any sharp edges. Aside from that, it also has a bright red color that makes it easy to see.
- It is a very affordable leaf rake and is perfect for children’s use.
- This rake is perfect for raking leaves in small places. It’s lightweight and is surely an enjoyable object for your kids.
- Despite it being a mini leaf rake, it still has good quality.
- Your usage is a bit limited because of its short length and small size.
The Flexrake Shrub Rake is another highly recommend leaf rake you can buy. It features a 48-inch wood handle and an 8-inch steel shrub that can reach into nooks and little crannies. This is perfect if you need to rake leaves found on hard to reach places. It also has 11 wide tines that assure you it can get the job done in the most efficient way possible. You won’t have any problem with this when it comes to raking leaves of different sizes. It can even rake up dirt and huge rocks because of its sturdy tines.
- This leaf rake is handy in raking different materials, be it leaves, dirt, or even rocks.
- You'll feel that it is made of high-quality materials. It feels pretty sturdy and solid.
- This is also one of the most affordable leaf rakes in the market.
- The tines are strong, but they’re a bit small.
The Gardenall 11 Tine Steel Shrub Rake is also a pretty good choice if you want to make your garden or lawn cleaning session easier. It is 48 inches in length making it capable of reaching leaves in hard to reach places. Its head measures 7 inches, which is enough to gather the dried leaves efficiently. What makes this durable is that its handle is made of durable steel.
- This leaf rake is very capable because of its length. You won’t have any problem when it comes to raking the leaves that have seeped in nooks and tight crannies.
- The construction also feels very durable as it’s made of high-quality steel. You’ll feel that it is very stable. It doesn’t slide off your hands. It gives you a very good grip.
- It is also very efficient in gathering leaves. It doesn’t leave leaves on the ground when you’re raking them.
- It’s a bit heavy because of the steel handle construction.
The Rovtop Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake is one of the best leaf rakes in the market. It features a 63-inch adjustable handle. This is what makes it stand out from the others. Aside from that, it has a lot of teeth rakes, totaling to 15. These could also be adjusted. The length of the teeth rakes is 7 inches, but it can be extended to 22 inches. That's how functional this leaf rake is. It is made from pure high-quality steel which ensures you that it will last a long time in your hands.
- This a very lightweight leaf rake. You don’t need to exert much effort when carrying and using this.
- Even though it is very light, it still is a very durable leaf rake. Whenever you use this, you’ll feel the premium material that it’s made of.
- Its adjustable handle and teeth make this a very flexible leaf rake, making this useful in doing a variety of gardening or lawn tasks.
- It’s also pretty easy to use. The adjustable handles and rakes can easily be extended.
- The only downside to this product is that it’s a bit expensive. However, it’s definitely worth the price.
5. Bond 2060 Adjustable Steel Rake
You might also want to try the Bond 2060 Adjustable Steel Rake, which is another highly recommended leaf rake. It is made of pure, high-quality steel and has an adjustable handle. It is 7 inches in length, but it can expand to 22 inches. This is the perfect leaf rake for light tasks.
- This is one of the lightest leaf rakes in the market. It’s very compact and portable. You can bring this with you wherever you go.
- It’s also pretty strong and durable. It seems like this will last for a long time even if you use it regularly.
- It is very efficient in getting and raking leaves to one location.
- Its use and functions are a bit limited because of the short length it has.
The best product that stands out from the other four products reviewed is the Rovtop Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake. The reason behind this is that it has the right size which enables you to use it to rake leaves on hard to reach places. It’s also a very flexible leaf rake because you can adjust its handles and teeth. This leaf rake is also very durable. This will surely serve you for a long time.