You need to have a lawn mower when you are cutting or trimming the grass in your backyard or garden. There are different kinds of lawn mowers, but the most popular one are the gas-powered and electric-powered lawn mowers. However, these need batteries to function properly. In this article, we're going to show to you the best lawn mower battery you can get for yourself.
The Benefits Of Having An Extra Lawn Mower Battery
1. Unlimited Use
The very first benefit you'll when you have an extra lawn mower battery is that you don't have to worry about it running out of power. This means that you have no limits as to how long you can use your lawn mower. If it runs out of power, you can simply take off the drained battery and replace it with another fully charged battery.
2. Backup Power
Every one of us doesn’t want to be interrupted when we’re using our lawn mowers. Thankfully, this is just what an extra lawn mower battery does. It serves as a backup power. So if for some reason your battery discharges or malfunctions, you always have a spare battery that you can put on your lawn mower. With the help of an extra battery, your lawn mowing session wouldn’t surely be cut short.
The other cool thing about having an extra lawn mower battery is that you have convenience by your side. This is because you can bring the battery with you as you are mowing the grass. You don’t need to go back and forth your recharging station, wait for a few hours until your battery recharges, and then go back again to the place you’re mowing. It helps you become more efficient in doing your lawn mowing session.
Things To Consider When Buying A Lawn Mower Battery
The very first thing you need to consider is the power capacity of your lawn mower battery. See to it that it won't easily discharge. Mowing your garden is all about momentum. When you're interrupted, you won't be any more that efficient in your tasks because you've lost your momentum.
Price is another important thing to consider. Remember that a high price doesn't always equate to higher quality. There are a lot of lawn mower batteries out there that aren't that expensive but are long-lasting and durable. It's better if you check on the brand and the customer reviews, instead of using the price as a marker of quality.
When it comes to buying batteries, it is important that you know how long it will last. This is what we call as the durability of your lawn mower battery. There are some cheap batteries that easily discharge when they're used for more than a year. You surely don't want to keep on recharging your battery now and then. Your lawn mower battery needs to be consistent in its power capacity.
Top 5 Best Lawn Mower Batteries
The Mighty Max Battery SLA Battery is one of the best lawn mower batteries in the market. It is perfect for people who are always mowing their gardens. This is a maintenance-free battery that can withstand extreme temperatures. This makes it very efficient in supplying your lawn mower with power over an extended amount of time. You can mount this in different positions making this a very handy lawn mower battery. It also doesn't vibrate and give off unnecessary shocks, making your lawn mowing activity more comfortable.
- Its size is the right fit, making it perfect fit to any John Deere Tractor mower.
- It is also relatively easy to install. Its instructions aren't that complicated.
- Its price is also fair. It’s not that expensive, even if it packs in a huge amount of power to your lawn mower.
- It may experience charging problems after a year of use.
The BLACK+DECKER LBX2560 Lithium Battery is another good choice for a lawn mower battery as it assures you that it will last for a long time. It also has a charging indicator which notifies you how much power is left. This is very useful if you're using the lawn mower for extended periods of time. You get the peace of mind because you know if your lawn mower still has power or if it needs to be recharged. Aside from that, this battery is also lighter than other brands. This makes it easier for you to move and maneuver your lawn mower around.
- It has a huge power capacity. It has around 50% more power than other battery brands.
- It easily regulates its temperature. This means that it doesn’t easily overheat.
- Its price is a little bit high when compared to other batteries which have similar features. However, the slightly high price is still worth it because of its huge power capacity.
The Universal Power Group Electric Lawn Mower Battery is a good choice if you have an electric lawn mower. This features its proprietary feature called the Absorbant Glass Mat (AGM) technology. What this feature does is that it gives the battery better performance when it comes to energy efficiency, power capacity, and durability. Its valves are also regulated, which means that its construction is spill proof. You won’t have to deal with battery leaking and other problems. You can even mount this in different positions.
- This battery has a fast charging feature. You don't have to wait a lot of time for it to charge fully.
- It works pretty well and gives your lawn mower sufficient battery making it usable for extended amounts of time. Your grass cutting session wouldn’t be surely cut off.
- Considering its advanced features, this lawn mower battery has a justified price.
- Its power capacity decreases if you always let its battery drain to zero. It’s recommended that as soon as you finish mowing your grass, immediately charge it back in and don’t wait for it to drain fully.
You might also want to try the Craftsman 29141 40V Lithium-Ion Battery. This lawn mower battery features a fade free power. What this feature does is that it ensures that its power won’t fade away as you use it over long periods of time. This makes it the perfect lawn mower battery if you got a big lawn and you need to mow it for hours at a time. Aside from that, it also features a LED fuel gauge which lets you know how much power your battery has. Because of this, you won’t have to guess how much power it has, which then gives you the peace of mind to use it.
- This is a very power efficient battery for your lawn mower. It doesn’t quickly discharge.
- It also features a high power capacity, which provides your lawn mower with sufficient power enough to last for hours.
- This is a light weight battery. You won’t have any problem bringing your lawn mower around.
- You need to store it at room temperature if not in use so that it’s quality will not decrease.
The Mighty Max Battery Sealed AGM Battery is one of the best choices of lawn mower batteries you can have. It is an AGM spill-proof battery which features a high discharge rate. What this means is that it is very efficient in supplying your lawn mower with sufficient power. This is also a rechargeable battery that you can mount in any position you want in your lawn mower. This will surely be your best backup companion when you're mowing your lawn for long hours. It is also pretty good in decreasing shocks and vibration, making you more comfortable in using your lawn mower.
- It perfectly fits your lawn mower. You won’t have any problem placing it in.
- It charges relatively fast. This is very useful if you are covering a huge area to mow.
- This lawn mower battery can hold a lot of power, making it the best battery if you want to make the most out of your lawn mower.
- This battery doesn’t produce too much vibration.
- This lawn mower battery is a bit expensive because of the many features it has. However, it’s still worth the price.
Out of the five reviewed lawn mower batteries, the product that stood among the rest is the Mighty Max Battery Sealed AGM Battery. It has all of the needed features required of a reliable, efficient, and convenient-to-use lawn mower battery. It supplies your lawn mower sufficient power for it to function for extended amounts of time. It’s light-weight, durable, and will surely help you make the most out of your lawn mower. Don’t mind the price, because it’s also totally worth it.