The Best Hydroponic System For Your Plants
It is essential for us to ensure that the environment where our plants will be growing is conducive for living, right? Well, there are many ways to do that. We can place them outside and lay them flat on a garden bed. Or we can make use of a hydroponic system. We suggest you do the latter. In this article, we’re going to help you choose the best hydroponic system for the better growth and development of your plants.
What Are The Different Types Of Hydroponic Systems?
1. Drip System
Drip systems are a popular type of hydroponic system because of its simplicity. These function by creating a reservoir of nutrients at a separate location. The water pumping mechanism then brings these nutrients to the plants through a series of tubes. There is also a timer that controls the pumping mechanism.
2. Nutrient Film Technique (NFT)
Then there's the nutrient film technique or the NFT. This is the chosen type of hydroponic system for people who are into cultivating short harvest crops. The process is similar to the drip system, but instead of it being controlled by a timer, the nutrients flow continuously. It also features a slight downhill decline to make it easier for the nutrients to go to the plants.
3. Aeroponics System
Then there’s the aeroponics system which is considered to be a technologically advanced system. The plants are left suspended in the air and hanging on some solid surface. The roots are then hanging beneath it, where the nutrient solution is sprayed to its roots through a high-pressure pump.
4. Flood and Drain System
The flood and drain hydroponic system is the chosen hydroponics type for amateurs because it’s fairly easy to do. It has similar processes with the drip system, but what makes it different is that its nutrients are placed in a different place. A timer controls the pumping of nutrients, but it will go through the grow tray.
5. Deep Water Culture (DWC)
The deep water culture or the DWC is the simplest hydroponic systems. It’s because of its simplicity that this is the hydroponic method used to teach children at school. The place where the nutrients are stored is not placed in another container, but instead, is with the growing platform. It floats on it.
Good Things You Can Get In Using A Hydroponic System
There are a lot of good things you can get out of using a hydroponic system. But one of the best things about it is that your plants can get more nutrients. It is because the environment where it is living and thriving on is specifically enriched with nutrients and minerals. The plant lives inside a controlled environment which continuously supplies it with a healthy dose of nutrients.
It's with the use of a hydroponic system that you can save water. According to studies, hydroponic systems can use more than two thirds less water, compared to if you were to plant it in your garden. You'll save lots of water, and also lots of money as a result.
Most people prefer using hydroponic systems on their plants because they don’t have to spend a lot of money for the plant’s cultivation. Compare that to the price of having to buy soil, pot, fertilizers, herbicides, and all of those gardening stuff. In using a hydroponic system, you don’t have to worry about those because everything is included in the package.
4. Higher Yields
The healthier and more nutritious surroundings that the plants are in is what makes them healthier. And what happens when they’re healthier? They tend to produce higher yields. So if you’re into vegetation and want to increase your vegetation yields, using hydroponic systems is what you need to do.
5. Space Saver
When you’re using hydroponic systems, you don’t have to worry about the space or the place where you’re going to place your plants. These hydroponic systems are space savers because you don’t have to spread them out in the garden’s soil. You just place them in a controlled environment, and they’re good to go. It’s as simple as that.
Top 5 Best Hydroponic Systems
1. Growmanji Hydroponics System
The Growmanji Hydroponics System is solar-powered product. It is a hanging hydroponic system that doesn’t need any soil. It also comes with a complete hydroponics kit. What’s great about this product is that it conserves a lot of space, and doesn’t need too much electricity or water for it to survive. If you want to speed up the growth and development of your plant, then this is what you might need. When you purchase this product, you’ll get a free 1.2 gallon reservoir, an electric and solar-powered aerator, a hanger assembly, PH strips, and a germination tray.
- It’s a great starter unit for amateur hydroponics enthusiasts.
- It can support the growth of a lot of small vegetables.
- The sponge is a bit useless. It has no real functional use.
- The tube is too soft, making it feel to be not made of high-quality materials.
2. Abbaponics Hydroponic Grow Room
The Abbaponics Hydroponic Grow Room is another good choice of product. It comes with its own grow ten which secures your plant in a safe and conducive for living environment. It has LED lights that are specifically designed to help the growth of the plants inside it. There is also a reservoir tank included that features four net pots that comes along with an air pump and air stones. You don’t have to use soil with this because it uses clay pebbles instead.
- It’s effective in speeding up the growth of your plants.
- It’s a great choice if you are into plant cloning.
- The system is good but has a generally limited space. There’s not much room for it to grow.
- The design is quite unattractive because it gives off a dark violet light.
3. HTGSupply Bubble Boy (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket System
The HTGSupply Bubble Boy (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket System is an electric-powered system, which draws 3 watts and 0.03 amps power from its source. It runs in 120 volts current. It includes a 3.5 gallon bucket, a 7.8 liter dual outlet air pump, and a 6-inch net pot lid. Instead of soil, this hydroponics system uses air stone and hydrostone.
- This hydroponics system is made of high quality materials, giving you the premium feeling every time you come in contact with it.
- The air pump is quiet and doesn’t make any unnecessary sounds or noises.
- The bucket lid is a bit bigger than the bucket itself. Its size is not a perfect fit on the product.
4. GOWE Hydroponics system NFT
The GOWE Hydroponics system NFT has a long sloping irrigation channel design where the roots can hang freely on top of it. It follows an intermittent feed cycle process which continuously supplies the plants with nutrients and water. If you’re living in an urban area, this is the ideal way to grow them because it saves a lot of space. It measures 100 cm x 120 cm and can accommodate 6 net cup sites.
- This hydroponics system works great because of its smooth processes and transitions.
- It’s fairly easy to assemble. You don’t have to worry if it’s your first time to use a hydroponics system.
- The design is not that sturdy. It can fall or tumble if you bump on it even in the slightest manner.
5. iRSE Indoor Garden Kit, Hydroponics LED Growing System
The iRSE Indoor Garden Kit, Hydroponics LED Growing System is probably one of the best products in this list because of its design and functionality. It uses the latest and most advanced hydroponics technology, giving you the advantage. This can be used to nurture herbs, fruits, vegetables, and any kind of plants. It has an elegant design which comes with two LED light modes. You don’t need any soil with this one. You can grow this inside your home with full delight.
- Its size is perfect because it can fit onto almost any space. It saves a lot of space.
- It’s great for beginners because it’s fairly easy to use.
- This one is a great-looking hydroponics system.
- It’s made of high quality materials.
- The white color of its body can easily stain due to its white color.
- This one is expensive.
Each of the reviewed products are all good buys, but the one which stands out as the best is the iRSE Indoor Garden Kit, Hydroponics LED Growing System. It looks great, is fully functional, and is made of high quality materials. If you want to grow your plants indoors, and wants to make it add beauty to your home’s interior, then this is what you need to get.
Copyright Shannon R.Sanchez, Garden blog: https://cocacrop.com. All rights reserved..