We all want the best for our plants. Plants aren't just mere decorations for our houses, but they also serve an important purpose. And that is to either serve as a food source or to be used as herbal medicine. Whichever the case is, one of the best ways to take care of them is by nurturing them inside a hydroponic system. But how can we do that? Well, by simply using the best hydroponic nutrients.
Why It's Recommended To Have Hydroponic Nutrients
1. Improvement Environmental Tolerance
What makes these hydroponic nutrients important in the overall welfare of your plants is that they improve their tolerance. What we mean by this is that they become stronger and become more tolerable of the changes happening in their environment. They don’t easily wither or die if the temperature changed or if you’ve skipped watering them. Your plants become tougher in the process.
2. Longer Lifespan
What happens when your plants become tougher? Well, they have a longer lifespan. The likelihood of them is withering or dying out decreases to a minimum because they have a stronger body frame. This gives you the chance to make the most out of your plants and yield every single fruit or vegetable from them.
3. Bigger and Blooming Features
The plants inside your hydroponic system become bigger, stronger, and taller. These hydroponic nutrients make your plants bloom and be at its best form. It's because of this that your plants don't serve a functional purpose, but they also become more appealing and attractive looking. So if you want to make the plants in your hydroponic system serve an aesthetic purpose, using hydroponic nutrients is the best way to go.
Using hydroponic nutrients on your hydroponic plants is also an economical way to take care of your plants. You don’t need to spend money on countless different types of fertilizers of herbicides. It’s because all of the vitamins and minerals are already present in the hydroponic nutrients that you’re giving to your plants.
Elements That A Good Hydroponic Nutrient Should Have
If you’re searching for a good hydroponic nutrient, make sure that it has nitrogen. Nitrogen is very important because it is the one that enables your plants to have more energy. Energy is needed because it is the one that helps your plant to bear more fruit or to generate more stems and leaves.
Potassium is an essential component of hydroponic plants because it activates the enzymes in your plant. It’s because of this that your plant is better capable of producing more Adenosine Triphosphate, which is a vital source of energy for the many chemical processes your plant undergoes.
Phosphorus is highly needed by your hydroponic plants because this is what stimulates their root growth and development. Aside from that, it also helps strengthen their stems and stalks and improved seeding and flowering formations. Overall, supplying your plant with phosphorus leads to better crop quality.
Also, make sure that the hydroponic nutrient you're getting contains a lot of calcium. Calcium is the one which enables your plant to have better metabolic processes. It's through this that the plant gets a stronger cell wall structure, thanks to the calcium component formations on its body.
You should also make sure that it has a fair amount of chlorine as this is what neutralizes the plant’s microbes and other unhealthy microorganisms. It is what cleans up your plant’s living environment. Chlorine is the one which disinfects your plant.
Top 5 Best Hydroponic Nutrients
1. General Hydroponics MaxiGro
The General Hydroponics MaxiGro takes up the first spot on our list because it features dry concentrated nutrients which help propel your plant's growth. It's a stand-alone type of product which has water soluble features. If you've got a variety of crops in your hydroponic system, then this is what you need to have. This product is specifically designed to speed up seedling growth during its vegetative growth stage.
- It’s great if you’re going to use it on hydroponics vegetables.
- It has great results because of the stronger and better structure of the plant’s body.
- It’s the perfect choice if you need a source of nutrients for your tower garden.
- The packaging can easily get damaged because of its design and quality.
- The zip lock also easily gets damaged, making it unsafe for your nutrients as it might spill out of it.
2. General Hydroponics Armor SI
The General Hydroponics Armor SI is another highly recommended product. It is s hydroponic nutrient that will do well for any plants, and in whichever growth stage they're in. If you've got a lot of different plants which are in various stages of development, this is what you need.
But what makes this stand out is that it's not just for hydroponic, but can also be used for coco coir and other plant media. It's a growth enhancer that can serve as a backup support for your other fertilizers.
- It’s pretty good in protecting your plants because it hardens them.
- It also bulks up your plants, making them more tolerable of the sudden changes in their environment.
- Your plants get a longer lifespan because of this because they don’t easily get infected with plant sicknesses.
- You need to make sure that you’ve got some PH downing substance before you apply this one.
- The price is a little bit too high for this one.
3. General Hydroponics FloraGro
The General Hydroponics FloraGro is what you need if you want to stimulate the structural improvement of your plant. This is also best if you're going to use it on plants that are currently in their vegetative growth stage. It's great for the buildup of stronger roots, making your plants easily absorb nutrients and minerals in the hydroponic system. This product is chosen by NASA and the Antarctic Research Scientists because of its superior reliability.
- This works great for different kinds of herbal plants.
- It is an effective way to ensure the health of your plants as it provides them with a steady supply of nutrients.
- This is pretty good in speeding up the growth of your plants.
- It doesn’t have that much nitrogen component. This makes it inferior to the other products that have higher nitrogen levels.
- There are no clean directions or instructions on how to use it properly.
4. Fox Farm Tiger Bloom Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer
The Fox Farm Tiger Bloom Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer is another highly recommended product because it is great for flowering plants. If you want to improve the aesthetic appeal of your plants and hydroponic system, this is what you’re searching for.
This product prioritizes the extension of the fruiting and flowering stages of your plants, making you get the most out of it. This also has a low pH content that ensures micronutrients will survive its time in the soil for a long time.
- It enables your plant to bloom into its best form. This is perfect if you're making your hydroponic system as a décor for your home.
- You don’t need to use a lot of it to strengthen your plants. Even a tiny amount of it will be very effective in strengthening your plants.
- This is perfect if you’re going to use it on potted plants.
- You need to make sure that you don’t use a lot of it as it can lead to plant burn.
- The price for this hydroponic nutrient product is a bit too high.
5. Growth Science Nutrients Rock Solid Bud and Bloom Booster
Then there’s the Growth Science Nutrients Rock Solid Bud and Bloom Booster, which is specifically made to be used as a bloom booster. If you want to improve your plant's flowering capability, this is what you need to have. It has great CO2 uptake which can lead to 30% more extra yields. This is also designed to be used by beginner gardeners.
However, this can also be used by experts because of its effectiveness and reliability. This is produced in California and has undergone a series of tests which ensures you get a high-quality hydroponic nutrient for your plant.
- It increases the plant's mass by up to 20% more while tightening up its structural body.
- It has a very fast positive effect on your plants.
- This is great for your plant’s development.
- Your flowers can get very dense if you overuse it.
Out of the five reviewed products, the best hydroponic nutrient to stand out is the Growth Science Nutrients Rock Solid Bud and Bloom Booster. It’s reliable, has a very fast effectiveness rate, and makes your plants bloom into its best form. You’ll get all of those without having to worry about the price. It’s surely the best hydroponic nutrients you can lay your hands on.