The Best Gardening Gloves For Superior Protection And Better Grip
Gardening is no doubt fun, relaxing, and therapeutic at the same time. You'll be relieved from the pressures and stress of your work by simply cultivating your plants and indulging yourself in the sweet scent they give off. But despite that, there are still some dangers you can get yourself at when gardening. To prevent that from happening, you need to wear gloves while gardening. In this article, we're going to help you choose the best gardening gloves for a better gardening experience.
The Benefits Of Using Gardening Gloves
1. Protection from Cuts and Blisters
The first benefit you’ll get out of using gardening gloves is that these protect you from getting cuts and blisters on your hands. When you’re gardening, you are prone to having cuts because some parts of the plants, such as its roots, stems, and especially thorns can make you bleed. Using gardening tools such as pruners can also cause hand blisters. But if you’d wear gardening gloves, you don’t have to worry about any of these.
2. Improved Productivity
You'll get the peace of mind in knowing that you don't have to worry about getting cuts and hand blisters. It's with this that you can work at a faster pace. You can pluck out weeds, tend to your flowers, prune the dead branches and leaves, and plant in a quicker way. You’ll cover a larger area when you’re wearing gardening gloves. It’s through this that you become more productive.
3. Better Grip
You'll also have a better grip on something, whether you're holding pruners, garden scissors, a shovel, or just simply caressing your plant or flowers. You can easily hold them without having to worry about it slipping off because of your sweaty hands.
And last but not the least is it helps in giving you good hygiene. Though gardening is no doubt enjoyable and stress-relieving, you can't deny the fact that you'll be touching the dirty soil. There are earthworms, insects, and microbial life scattered throughout your garden. The least thing you don't want to happen is getting them inside your body. To prevent this from happening, you can wear gardening gloves. These act as a form of barrier between your hands and the dirty soil and plants. With the help of gardening gloves, you can get dirty without having to be dirty in the first place.
Things To Look For When Choosing Gardening Gloves
The first thing you need to consider is the fit of the gardening gloves you’re choosing. You want it to fit perfectly on your hands. It would be useless if it’d just slide off your hands because it’s too large. You also can’t move your hands properly if it’s too tight. You want something that is comfortable on your hands, something that would fit it properly.
The texture is another factor you need to consider. This is where you’ll learn if it’s comfortable to wear or not. Check the gardening gloves’ material. Is it too rough? Is it too soft? It’s in asking questions likes these that you’re able to judge if it’s a worthy buy or not.
You surely don’t want to wear something that will make you feel too warm where you’ll just sweat and sweat. The same principle applies in choosing gardening gloves. You want something that will still let air flow through your hands so that it can be cooled.
The last, but surely not the least important of all considerations is the gardening gloves’ durability. In choosing one, make sure that it will stand the tests of time. See to it that it is made of high quality or premium materials. You surely don’t want to keep on buying a new one every single time your gardening gloves gets torn or ripped.
Top 5 Best Gardening Gloves
1. Claudia Sawyer Gardening Gloves
One of the highly recommended gardening gloves you can get is the Claudia Sawyer Gardening Gloves. It is made from a stretchable and highly breathable material and is coated with nitrile. This coating is what protects the gloves from experiencing wear and tear. It gives your hands full protection even though your fingers can freely move. This is also free of any latex material, which means that you don't have to worry about skin irritations. You'll get four pairs of gloves when you choose this product.
- This is the perfect gloves for people with small hands. You’ll feel that it fits your hands perfectly.
- This is also the perfect choice when you’ve got sensitive hands. You don’t have to worry about getting allergies.
- It has a small fit. People with big hands will find it uncomfortable to wear these.
- It doesn’t give you much dexterity because of the overly tight fit on your fingers.
2. Exemplary Gardens Rose Pruning Gloves
The Exemplary Gardens Rose Pruning Gloves is another product you might want to choose. This is made from premium goatskin leather. It's with this that you're assured that you won't easily get punctured by thorns or any other sharp objects you might come across when gardening. It also features an extended split suede cuff that enables you to deadhead roses without feeling pain easily. It even has ergonomically designed thumbs that make it easy for you to grab onto anything.
- It gives your hands a lot of dexterity. You don’t have to worry about having limited hand or finger movements.
- It has a great fit. It’s not too loose or too tight.
- Though it does a pretty good job in protecting your from small thorns, it isn't 100% thorn proof. Bigger thorns can easily puncture your hand if you carelessly hold it. To avoid this from happening, you should follow extreme caution when dealing with thorny plants.
3. Exemplary Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves
The Exemplary Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves is also a recommended product that you can try. This is made from expandable spandex and features an adjustable Velcro fastener that gives you a nice and tight fit. This allows you to plant, prune, and weed out dead easily and drying leaves. The attractive unisex brown color also makes wearable both by men and women.
- It’s comfortable to wear. You won’t mind wearing these for hours because it’s lightweight and has a smooth texture.
- It’s also flexible thanks to its spandex material. Your hands and fingers still have the dexterity
- You’ll find it a little bit hard to deal with small plants and flowers because of its thick fabric.
- The white color at the tip of its fingers can also easily pick up dirt.
4. FirTree Brand Leather Gardening Gloves
The FirTree Brand Leather Gardening Gloves is also one that you might want to purchase. It’s made from premium goatskin leather that gives you superior protection in protecting you from thorns and other sharp branches and twigs. Its 100% leather material also makes it breathable than the gloves which are made of synthetic materials. It features a puncture resistant design and is completely washable.
- The texture of the gloves is soft. It sometimes feels like you've got butter wrapped around your hands. It feels good to the touch.
- It is a perfect fit on your hands. It doesn't feel bulky, and it doesn't restrain your movements.
- Though it enables your hands to move freely, it's still a bit tricky to constantly keep on moving your hands and arms because of its arm protection.
- The price is also a bit too high.
5. Legacy Gardens Garden Gloves Premium Goatskin Leather
The Legacy Gardens Garden Gloves Premium Goatskin Leather is one of the best and highly recommended garden gloves available in the market today. It's made of grade A genuine premium quality goatskin leather. It also has a long gauntlet that protects your forearm from scratches. Its ergonomic grip stitching gives your hands a good and snug fit. This is the perfect gardening gloves for people who have sensitive skin because of its hypoallergenic and antibacterial surface.
- The material feels very premium thanks to its 100% goatskin leather.
- It lets air to flow through it, making your hands cool and stopping it from sweating so heavily.
- It protects your arms pretty well, thanks to its arm long arm sleeve cover.
- The gauntlet forearm cover is a bit too large; it limits your arms' movements.
Out of the five reviewed products, the best one to emerge is the Legacy Gardens Garden Gloves Premium Goatskin Leather. Its comfortable on your hands, provide protection from scratches and thorns, has good breathability features, and doesn’t give you allergies and microbial infections. If you want to make the most out of your gardening experience, then this is the garden gloves you need to have.