The Best Garden Sprinkler For A Great Watering Experience
Watering your plants is surely a very important thing to do as this is where their survival depends on. This is the reason why it’s important for you to have a proper watering device such as a garden sprinkler. In this article, we’re going to show you the best garden sprinklers you can get.
The Different Types of Garden Sprinklers
1. Pop-up Spray Heads
There are many types of garden sprinklers, however, the most popular type is the pop-up spray heads. These pop-up spray heads are specifically designed to be used on small areas that have a distance of around 3 and 15 feet. Its operating pressure is also around the figures of 15 and 30 psi, which is just the right amount of pressure you need in tending to your garden plants.
This sprinkler system depends highly on system pressure, which is why its pressure needs to be carefully maintained. Nozzle size varies for this type of garden sprinkler, but it’s usually spraying around a to 2.5 inches per hour.
2. Impact Rotors
There are also impact rotors that are simply garden sprinklers that give off multiple water streams. This is what you need if you want to water your landscape or perhaps distribute water in an arching manner.
The arc pattern of this type of garden sprinkler is around 40 to 360 degrees, making them really flexible. These can cover huge areas thanks to its pop-up spray heads. The spray radius can even reach 150 feet, which is a testament to its efficiency and power. Precipitation rate for this kind of rotors is 0.1 to 1.5 inches per hour.
3. Gear-Driven Rotors
If you have a medium to a large lawn, these gear-driven garden sprinklers are what you're going to need. Not only are they affordable and have a low maintenance cost, but they also operate quietly. These garden sprinklers are popular because of their versatility and flexibility. They are less in need of maintenance due to its internal mechanisms being enclosed by its design. Clogging rarely happens with this one because its driving mechanism is found inside.
4. Large Turf Rotors
Then there are the large turf rotors which are the garden sprinkler of choice of commercial properties. These are very effective in distributing water over huge areas. Its rotors run in 50 to 100 psi and can take on a 100 ft. area. That’s how effective these sprinklers are when you’re using them in big places. It can accommodate flowing of up to 80 gallons per minute which is incredibly fast when compared to the other garden sprinkler types.
Getting The Perfect Garden Sprinkler For You
1. Sprays or Rotary Nozzles
The first thing you need to consider if you want to get the perfect garden sprinkler is the water distributing type you need. Do you need a sprinkler that sprays water or perhaps one which has a rotary nozzle? It’s in answering these questions that you get to know the recommended water pressure your sprinkler can accommodate. It’s highly recommended you get those that have spray or rotary nozzles if you have a water pressure of less than 40 psi.
You then have to consider the size of the area. It’s in knowing the area that you get the right type of garden sprinkler that has the right specs.
If the area that you’re going to spray water with is long and narrow, it’s recommended you choose rotary nozzles. They’re effective in precisely targeting the exact place that you wanted to water. There are also side strip rotators that are what you need if you’re going to place it on a wide area. And if the area you’re targeting is really huge, probably around 30 x 30 feet, then what you need is are rotor garden sprinklers.
3. Shape of the Area’s Edge
You also need to consider how the area’s edges are shaped. You surely don’t want to have water going beyond the area that you intend to supply with water. If you’re going to place it in an area which has sharp curves, or around a 20 feet radius, it’s recommended for you to get a rotor that has short radii. This ensures that you won’t be over spraying on another part of your lawn.
Of course, you need to take into consideration the durability of the product. It's in knowing it's material that you get to know if it is going to last for a long time. You want something that is durable and is made of high-quality materials. Through this, you don't have to buy another one if in case it gets damaged.
You want something that will compliment the overall look of your garden or lawn. This is the reason why it's also important for you to consider the design of the garden sprinkler you're choosing. It should look nice and good and it should add beauty and design to your outdoors.
The last thing you want to have is something that will look like an eye sore. When you're choosing a product, you need to see to it that its aesthetic value goes hand in hand with its functional value. It's not just about how effective or how good a product functions because its visual look also has a say in its value.
It would also be better if the sprinkler of your choosing has a lot of advanced features that will make the whole watering part of your plants easier. There are already a lot of sprinklers that boast new intuitive technologies that revolutionize how you take care of your plants. Examples of these are the Wi-Fi garden sprinklers that you can control through your smart phone.
Then there’s the price factor. Most people misunderstood the fact that not all expensive products are of high quality. Remember that this is not what you should remember because it’s not entirely true. Take note that there are a lot of cheap garden sprinklers that are similar or even better in features and quality than the more expensive ones. This shows that you need to be vigilant in choosing one because it's not the price that counts. It's the product's durability and function.
Best Garden Sprinklers Reviews
1. Sommerland Spot Sprinkler
The Sommerland Spot Sprinkler is one of the most durable products in this list because of it being made of heavy duty metal construction. This might be what you’re searching for if you want something that will last for a really long time. It has coverage of up to a maximum of 30 feet and 2,800 square feet. What’s nice about this product is its watering performance won’t decrease even though the pressure changes. This makes it the perfect garden sprinkler if your pressure system is not functioning properly.
- It’s a very consistent garden sprinkler because its water performance isn’t affected by the pressure it gets.
- It’s made of high quality durable materials, giving you the assurance that this will last for a really long time.
- It has a limited coverage. The entire area you want to water might not be reached.
- It’s not too stylish, making it stand out in your lawn. This is because of its striking yellow orange color.
2. Orbit Ornamental Sprinkler
The Orbit Ornamental Sprinkler is one of the best when it comes to design. It’s not only a sprinkler system, but it’s also an ornamental fixture you can put on your garden. It has water coverage of up to 30 feet, which is more than enough if you have a small to medium-sized lawn. Its rings also spin in different directions so that the water distribution will remain smooth and even. Its 4-spike base also adds support to its body. You have three designs to choose from. These are tropical fish, decorative, and turtle.
- It’s an attractive looking garden sprinkler because of the way it is designed. And you have also three designs to choose from.
- Despite it looking nice and fancy, its design has a function. This means that its style is not useless.
- There are a handful of quality issues with this one because it feels a bit flimsy even if its four spikes are planted properly on the ground.
- It’s more inclined to aesthetic value instead of durability.
3. Melnor Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler
The Melnor Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler can cover up to 3,900 square feet. This is what you need if you have a medium to large-sized lawn or garden. What makes this stand out among the rest is its patented one touch adjustment for its width size. This makes it easily controllable. It’s powered by a turbo drive motor that is ensures to last for a really long time. There are also 18 nozzles that are said to be clog resistant due to it being made of high quality rubber. It has a dimension of 17.8 x 7.1 x 3.2 inches and weighs 1.8 pounds.
- It can cover a large area with ease. And what’s nice about this is that it does this evenly.
- It’s very well built thanks to its high quality material design.
- There are a lot of options you can choose from on its side. This allows you to adjust the water flow according to your own liking.
- This one is made of plastic, which gives you a bit of doubts if it’s going to last.
- It says it can cover 3,900 square feet in its packaging, but in reality, it can only cover around 2,000 square feet.
4. Netro Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller
The Netro Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller is a fully automatic garden sprinkler. This is what you need if you’re searching for a sprinkler that can create its own watering schedule. This is an eco friendly device because it can save up to 50% water use thanks to its advanced water saving system. Its water restriction feature also alerts and complies to your locality’s water rules. It can be controlled through remote access with the help of devices that run on iOS 8.3 and Android 5.0 and above.
- This is an intuitive garden sprinkler because of its advanced technological features.
- Its watering schedule is very easy to set.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity it has runs pretty smooth.
- This is a garden sprinkler that is highly dependent on smart phones.
- The price is a bit too high.
5. Pathonor Lawn Sprinkler
The Pathonor Lawn Sprinkler features impact sprinklers that are made of high quality ABS engineering plastic. The installment process of this one is also fairly simple thanks to its basic but highly functional design. It has a maximum watering distance of up to 35 feet and can water an area of up to 3,850 square meters. This can also be adjusted to a 360-degree fixation. This is what you need if you want a garden sprinkler that is good for irrigation.
- This is made of high quality ABS engineering plastic which is why it feels very sturdy and strong.
- It has a lot of features that are very useful and functional.
- The design also looks nice, which is why it can also serve as an aesthetic addition to your lawn.
- It takes a lot of space because of its bulky base size.
6. Orbit H2O-6 Gear Drive Sprinkler - Perfect for those who are tired of Defective Sprinklers
The second one on this list is still by one of the most trusted brands in the realm of sprinklers and garden stuff, and one which we love the most, the H2O-6 Gear Drive Sprinkler by Orbit!
With a unique design, 360-Degree Coverage, and high-impact construction, this Sprinkler is great for several years of use.
While it keeps all of the basic characteristics of a sprinkler, it still manages to take things up a notch, with it having not just 2 or three - but six spray patterns! This allows for better, more efficient sprinkling of water, as you can adjust according to the type of plants that you intend to use it on, as well as the size of your lawn. You can also be assured of quiet, long-life operations, with it constructed in the most solid way as possible.
The unit measures 14.5x7x2.9 inches, and weighs a mere 11.2 ounces, making installation such a breeze to do. With proper care and maintenance, each head could last for as long as 5 years, which is a far cry compared to the average 1-2 months that a lot of low-quality sprinklers have nowadays. It also has a flow-through spike base which enables you to connect the sprinklers in a series connection.
One of the disadvantages of this unit, however, is that even if it is built to last, it’s still made of plastics to keep it light and even if it’s made of plastic, it still is highly reactive to hard water, which accelerates its damage.
To sum it all up, this is still one of the best sprinklers ever from Orbit, as it can last much longer than others, has a unique 6-spray pattern system for various produce and lawn sizes, and is also lightweight, and thus, installation is a breeze. Make sure to at least try and “soften” your water though, as this could cause damage to the inner parts.
7. MyGarden Automatic Garden Water Sprinkler: Garden Sprinkler Kids Love
If you need a garden sprinkler to keep your lawn in top shape while allowing your kids to have so much fun wetting themselves the MyGarden Automatic Garden Water Sprinkler is for you.
This water sprinkler allows you to water your entire lawn without you having to use your hands. This water sprinkler is made from top quality ABS plastic which will not rust because the polymer material in it is rust proof. This ensures that your sprinkler system will give you years of efficient service, of course, with the right care and maintenance.
This sprinkler system can efficiently water a later of up to 3,600 square feet in size. It can accommodate water pressure of up to 80 PSI. It can spray water up to a distance of 32 feet with a minimum distance of 26 feet.
It features arms that can rotate a full 360-degree angle. It features 2 spraying angles. Slow watering works with the spray with a 4 to 6 meter diameter at a 90 degree angle. Fast watering works on a 45 degree angle with the 8 to 10 meter diameter spray. It can evenly water your garden without wasting any water on other areas which do not need to be watered. This is possible through the sprinkler’s Water Conservation Technology.
This is the part your kids will love. You can use the MyGarden Automatic Garden Water Sprinkler to let your kids enjoy some water fun in your lawn. See your kids have fun running and getting wet! The water that comes out of the sprinkler is gentle on their skins.
- Can be used also to wash your car
- Spray nozzle is easy to adjust
- You can choose between slow and fast watering actions
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Some users find the plastic material inferior This sprinkler system from MyGarden comes with a 1 year warranty.
8. Gilmour Heavy-Duty Circular Sprinkler: The Best for Large Lawns
The Gilmour Heavy-Duty Circular Sprinkler is not made of ordinary ABS plastic. It is of heavy duty and high grade die cast metal. It comes with a head that is made of zinc and brass as well as a base with a sled-like design. This sprinkler system allows you full control of the amount of water to use because you can adjust the rotation of the sprinklers to water only a small portion of your lawn. The sprayers can also be adjusted to control the flow of water from a steady stream for heavy watering to light mist for light watering.
You can also adjust the spray distance so you can water the entire lawn of up to 5,800 square feet making it the best sprinkler for large lawns. You can also attach 2 or more sprinklers with its accompanying connection outlet. The best thing I like about this sprinkler system is that it waters my lawn as it advertised it will. It waters evenly large lawns and will never rust.
- Made from durable and tough materials for long years of use
- Impact resistant
- Easy to assemble, set-up and use
- You have an option to heavily water your lawn or just sprinkle a light mist.
- Can be easily adjusted to suit your preferred watering needs
- Evenly waters a large lawn
- When watering small gardens, you need to lower the water pressure.
- The sprinkler head tends to stick and you will need to apply some WD-40 This sprinkler system gives you full control by allowing you to adjust the watering distance, the rotation of the sprinkler heads as well as water stream.
9. Gilmour Medium Duty Circular Sprinkler: What Your Circular Lawn Needs
If you have a circular shaped lawn, the Gilmour Medium Duty Circular Sprinkler is what you need to keep it lush green and healthy. This adjustable sprinkler comes with features that will allow you to evenly water your garden. What can this sprinkler do? You can adjust the collar of the sprinkler so you can water either a portion or your entire law. At the maximum it can effectively and evenly water a lawn of up to 5,800 square feet. For rectangular lawns it has a spray distance of 43 feet. For a circular lawn (which I have), it has a spray diameter of up to 86 feet.
The best feature of this Gilmore sprinkler is you can customize spray patterns so you can water even irregularly shaped lawns. It comes with rings that can be customized with 12 different spray distances at a rotating 360 degree angle for precise and even watering.
- Made of durable polymer material that is rust resistant.
- The best for circular lawns
- The sprinkle remains stable on the ground so no one trips on it.
- Spray patterns can be customized for any shape of lawn.
- It is adjustable for partial or full watering of the maximum 5,800 square feet coverage area.
- Easy to operate
- Reasonably priced vis-vis quality and functions
- Tends to be not too stable on the ground
- Some users say water reaches areas that do not need to be watered like concrete areas. The Gilmour Medium Duty Circular Sprinkler comes with a lifetime warranty and is perfect for large and circular lawns. This is also one of th
If you want to have the best garden sprinkler, you better get the Pathonor Lawn Sprinkler. It’s not only durable, but it also has a lot of advanced features that gives you an edge over other sprinkler systems. And not only that because this will also look great in your garden thanks to its color and stylish design. Your plants will surely love this great addition as this will bring out the best in your lawn.