The Best Garden Shoes For A Better Gardening Experience
Gardening is not only a hobby, but it’s also a necessity. It’s because of this that we need to take it seriously. One way of doing just that is by wearing garden shoes. Garden shoes are important because it gives us a lot of benefits. In this article, we’re going to talk about that, as well as help you choose the best garden shoes.
Top Reasons Why You Should Wear Garden Shoes
The very first reason why you should wear garden shoes is that these provide you protection and security. It protects you from getting foot sores or scratches, knowing that there are spiky roots or rough surfaces that can make your feet bleed. With the help of garden shoes, you can prevent all of those unfortunate things from happening.
The other important reason why it's best for you to wear garden shoes is that these provide you comfort. You'll find it more comfortable to garden because you're stepping on something that's soft. Your feet won't hurt when you wear these because these are made for your comfort. You won't have to worry about gardening for long periods of time when you wear these on your feet.
3. Improved Productivity
You also become more productive when you wear garden shoes. This is because it provides you stability. It keeps you firm, and it makes it easier for you to continue with your gardening. Your life just becomes easier when you wear garden shoes. It enables you to do more things because you can easily move.
Another cool thing about wearing garden shoes is that it gives you good hygiene. This happens because it protects your feet from catching dirt. We all know that there are insects, dirt, and mud in our garden. And we can easily come in contact with it. To avoid that from happening, we can simply wear garden shoes.
5 Tips To Choose The Best Garden Shoes
1. Easy to Wear and Take Off
When it comes to garden shoes, you don't need to be all fancy with it. What we mean by this is that convenience is your top priority which is why your garden shoes should be easily worn and taken off. It's preferable if you buy one that can easily be slipped into your feet or something that doesn't need to be tied.
2. Perfect Fit
This is the general rule when it comes to buying shoes – the fit. The same principle applies when it comes to buying garden shoes because you need to make sure that it fits you perfectly. You surely don't want to wear something that wobbles and is easily removed from your feet. That would surely be a hassle, wouldn't it? Choose one that has the exact size. It’s recommended that you first try it on before buying it.
Garden shoes should provide you safety and protection, and that is what you need to check for when you're choosing one. Though flip flops or slip on garden shoes are convenient and very comfortable to use, you still need something that is sturdy and will provide you protection from the thorns and rough surfaces that might scratch your feet.
4. Easy to Clean
Another important reminder is to choose garden shoes that are easy to clean. It's a big hassle if you need to constantly clean and wipes your shoes every time you use it. To avoid this from happening, choose one that is made with an easy to clean material, such as garden shoes made from rubber.
5. Design and Looks
The last but certainly not the last thing you need to factor in is the design and look. It's wise of you to choose one that isn't only durable and fully functional, but something that is also visually pleasing. It makes you feel better when you're gardening.
Top 5 Best Garden Shoes
1. Sloggers Chicken Print Collection Women's Rain & Garden Shoe
The Sloggers Chicken Print Collection is a slip-on garden shoe that is specifically made and designed for women. This is because it has a Daffodil Yellow color that features chicken and sun icons throughout its body, giving it a lively and feminine theme. It is made from waterproof rubber material, making this the garden shoe of choice if you live in a place with a rainy climate. Its outsole is made from heavy duty lug tread material.
- It’s very comfortable to wear thanks to its soft insole material. You can wear these for hours without your feet hurting.
- It’s also one of the most affordable garden shoes in the market. But despite its low price, it still is very durable.
- Though it’s generally durable, the quality is not that good. This might be because of the kind of rubber material used on its body.
- The outer lining is also a bit too thin, giving you a flimsy feeling when you wear it while it rains.
2. Amoji Unisex Garden Clogs Shoes Sandals Slippers
The Amoji Unisex Garden Clogs Shoes Sandals Slippers is a shoe/sandal hybrid, which is why you can use it whether you’re inside the house or when you’re outside gardening. It’s very lightweight, as it only weighs 120 grams. It features a functional bump design that gives you better traction. Its sole is made from EVA resin material that gives you a balance of comfort and durability. This is the perfect garden shoe for the summer months because of its excellent breathability features.
- Its design looks good and attractive. The low profile design makes it fit in any kind out outfit you’re wearing.
- It’s very lightweight, making it a very comfortable garden shoe.
- The sizes are a bit off chart because it’s too small. It isn’t a good fit. It’s recommended that you go one size bigger.
- The body is too narrow. You’re most likely going to get calluses if you don’t wear socks.
3. Habit Mens Garden Shoes Realtree Xtra Camo
The Habit Mens Garden Shoes Realtree Xtra Camo is a garden shoe made from rubber material. It’s fully waterproof, making this perfect for use in muddy gardens. It’s also a slip-on kind of shoe which enables you to easily wear it and take it off conveniently. The outsole pattern gives it a very good traction, giving you stability when you’re doing work on a garden that has uneven surfaces.
- This one looks elegant. It doesn’t look like a garden shoe at first glance. You can even wear this casually or even on formal occasions.
- Its waterproof feature is excellent. There are no traces of water seeping through it.
- Despite it being made of rubber, it still easily catches dirt because of its surface.
- The strap hook located at its back is also not that functional. It might accidentally hook itself on stems or exposed roots.
4. Regatta Great Outdoors Harper Low Cut Wellington Boots
The Regatta Great Outdoors Harper Low Cut Wellington Boots is perfect for ladies who are into gardening. This is a low-cut gardening boots that gives you superior protection from getting in contact with dirt and mud. It features a natural cotton lining and its body is made from 35% fiber and 65% PU material. There are four designs you can choose from; these are Navy, Deep Coral, Lemon Tea, and Molten.
- It looks adorable and cute because of its creative designs.
- It’s comfortable on your feet because of the mixed material used for it.
- The price is also affordable even though it is a low-cut gardening boots.
- This one is solely for ladies.
- It limits your movements because of it being a low-cut gardening boots.
5. Principle Plastics Sloggers Sage Leaf Print Rain & Garden Shoes
Then here’s the Principle Plastics Sloggers Sage Leaf Print Rain & Garden Shoes. This is made from flexible resilient and high quality resin. Its insole is one of the most comfortable insoles in the market. It features a slip-on design that makes it very easy for you to wear on and take it off. Its stylish leaf print design is what makes this stand out among the rest.
- It has a visually attractive design that gives it a classy look.
- It fits perfectly on your feet. You don’t need to go one size smaller or bigger.
- This gives you an excellent amount of comfort thanks to its insole cushions.
- Its width is a bit narrow, although it’s not really a big deal because it widens up through time.
Out of the five reviewed products, the garden shoes that managed to emerge as the best is the Principle Plastics Sloggers Sage Leaf Print Rain & Garden Shoes. This is because it is comfortable to wear, is durable, gives you excellent protection and it fits perfectly well. If you want the best garden shoe then we highly recommend this one. For sure, you’ll have a great time wearing it on your garden.