The Best Electric Pole Saw To Easily Cut Trees
Trees are very important in our world because this is what gives us the oxygen we need for us to breathe. However, we shouldn't just let them grow out of control. Now and then, we need to cut their branches and twigs so that they won't be an eyesore to us. In this article, we're going to help you do just that by helping you choose the best electric pole saw you can get.
Important Considerations When Buying Electric Pole Saws
1. Size of the Branches
The first thing you need to consider when choosing an electric pole saw is you need to know the size of the branches that you’re going to cut. It’s through this that you’re able to know the size of pole saw you’re going to need. If the branches are not too thick, then you can settle for the less powerful electric pole saws.
2. Length of the Electric Pole Saw
You also need to take into consideration the pole’s length. This is very important because this is the one which enables you to reach higher branches. It’s best that you choose a long electric pole saw so that you won’t have any problem in reaching hard-to-reach branches. However, you’re going to sacrifice the saw’s portability if the length is too long.
3. Height of the Branches
Of course, you need to take into account the height of the branches. If it’s not too high up and if you can easily reach it, then you don’t need to get a very electric pole saw. This is because the longer the pole saw is, the heavier it gets. You surely don’t want to be carrying a heavy equipment for a couple of minutes or even possibly an hour.
4. Cutting Blade
You need to check the electric pole saw’s cutting blades. This is very important because this is what affects your productivity. See to it that it is sharp enough and that it doesn’t have any dull edges. Remember that it should also have a balance of sharpness and durability. Your sharp blades would be useless if it would just break when used to cut thick branches and twigs.
Tips On Using Electric Pole Saws Properly
1. Place the Saw on the Pruning Spot
In using an electric pole saw, you need to see to it that you're not carrying its entire weight. As you hold the electric pole saw, make sure that it is also rested on another branch that is nearby the one that you'll be cutting later on. This will enable you to maneuver the electric pole saw easily.
2. Get Rid of Any Clutter
It is a general rule that whenever you start doing something, you need to clear it out of any clutter. The same rule applies to cutting trees' branches. Rid your work area of any clutter so that you can easily go on with your tree branch-cutting session. This will also make your workplace safer because there are no unnecessary things or objects that might pose a risk to your safety.
3. Stand in the Proper Place
When you’re pruning a tree, see to it that you’re not standing directly below the branch that you’re cutting. You don’t want it to fall right straight on you. It’s best that you should stand in an angle where you won’t come in contact with any branches or leaves that might fall as you’re using your electric pole saw.
4. Don’t Forget to Rest
Though we all want to finish our work in the fastest time possible, that isn't what you need to do when you're pruning a tree. Remember that you're using an electric pole saw which is an electric-powered machine. Though it's safe to use, it still poses a certain health risk on you especially if your hands or arms are already starting to strain. It's recommended that you take a break every 15 to 20 minutes.
Top 5 Best Electric Pole Saws
1. Snow Joe Sun Joe SWJ802E 9 FT 6.5 Amp Electric Pole Chain Saw
The first product that we recommend to you is the Snow Joe Sun Joe SWJ802E 9 FT 6.5 Amp Electric Pole Chain Saw. This is the ideal electric pole saw if you’re going to cut the overhanging limbs and branches of trees. It is a telescoping pole which means that you can easily adjust it if you want to extend its length. It measures 9.4 feet in length, however, it can be extended to 15 feet, which is more than enough to reach even the highest branches of trees. This is powered by a 6.5 amp motor. It also has a full two-year warranty in case something goes wrong.
- It can easily cut through thick branches and twigs.
- It’s also very lightweight. You can use this for a couple of minutes or even hours, and you won’t feel any strain.
- Even though it’s light, it isn’t the best when it comes to maneuverability. This is because of its design and the way the handles are positioned. It feels a bit awkward.
2. Poulan Pro 967044201 40V Pole Saw
The Poulan Pro 967044201 40V Pole Saw is another electric pole saw that we recommend to you. It features an 8-inch bar and chain self tension mechanism that assures you that it can easily cut through any branches you want to get rid of. It can extend to 8 feet which is usually enough to cut through hard-to-reach branches. What makes this really nice is that it has its own automatic oiler which keeps your chains constantly lubricated. It also has a start button that will make it very easy for you to start whenever you want to.
- It’s an able and powerful cutting machine. It can chop down thick branches and twigs effortlessly.
- It’s durable. You can feel that this will be by your side for a long time.
- This one is not the best when it comes to design. The texture of its body can easily get scratches and it’s hard to see when you stored it in a dark place.
3. Earthwise CVP41810 4-in-1 Multi Tool Saw
Here comes another highly recommended product, the Earthwise CVP41810 4-in-1 Multi Tool Saw. This is the best one when it comes to versatility because it is a 4-in-1 tool. If you get this tool, you’ll also be getting a chainsaw, pole saw, pole hedge trimmer, and another hedge trimmer. It can extend to a maximum of 8 feet. It also has an automatic oiling system.
- This one is very lightweight. It’s very easy to hold onto and it doesn’t strain your hands and arms.
- It’s durable thanks to its robust and heavy-duty construction.
- It’s a little bit expensive.
- It sometimes feel to be just too much because it gets complicated when you have a 4-in-1 tool.
4. Chicago Electric 1.5 HP Electric Pole Saw
The Chicago Electric 1.5 HP Electric Pole Saw is one of the most popular and probably the best electric pole saw in this list. Its shat is made from fiberglass. This one is a telescoping electric pole saw which means that you can extend it to whatever length you want. It measures 6 feet, but you can extend it to 8 feet and a further 10 feet. It features a reduced kickback design and comfortable hand guard to keep your hands from straining.
- This is very durable thanks to its fiber glass design.
- It’s also very lightweight and flexible. You can easily adjust it and extend to reach high branches. 10 feet is more than enough to reach them.
- It’s comfortable to use and easy to hold on to.
- The price is a little bit too high.
5. Hooyman Cordless Tree 40V Lithium-Ion Saw
The Hooyman Cordless Tree 40V Lithium-Ion Saw is another product that we recommend to you. You can either use this as, an 8-inch or 10-inch electric pole saw. You can use this for 70 minutes without having to recharge. It has a 40V 2AH battery that can assure you that this will perform pretty well. You can even add an extra pole section so that you can make it reach up to 20 inches in length.
- You’ll have no problem in using this to cut through thick branches and twigs.
- You can easily clean it up when you’re done using it.
- It can easily catch dirt because of the texture of its body surface.
Out of the five reviewed products, the best electric pole saw to emerge is the Chicago Electric 1.5 HP Electric Pole Saw. It has all of the needed features that make it a durable, easy-to-use, portable, and very able tree pruner. This is what you need if you want to make the most out of your tree pruning experience.