Best Echo Trimmer Reviews 2018
A string trimmer is a tool that gets into hard to reach areas that a lawn mower cannot reach. The best Echo trimmer is the most ideal tool you can use to keep your garden’s edges or walkway tidy and neat. It is also the best garden tool to use to keep areas around tree trunks and fence poles well-manicured.
Echo has for many years been manufacturing professional quality hand-held outdoor equipment. Every engine of Echo equipment is cast in Japan for consistency and quality and assembled in various factories worldwide with the same quality standards.
Choosing the Right String Trimmer
In choosing the right string trimmer for your needs you will need to decide on two things depending on your need and preference:
1. Type of the Shaft
- Provides a long reach which means more area is trimmed faster and less debris flying.
- Can easily go around plants in a flowerbed or under bushes with precision.
- Back pains can be prevented even when used for long hours because of long reach
- Less vibration because the motor will offer more torque.
- Can use attachments such as string gauges on the cutting head because it has more power and torque.
- Preferred by taller users
- Heavy duty
- More comfortable to use for longer jobs.
- Shorter shaft than straight trimmers because of curve providing the user with more control.
- Weighs lighter than a curved string trimmer.
- Well-balanced for better maneuverability in tight areas.
- Preferred by shorter users
- Costs less than straight string trimmers
- Less flexible than a straight trimmer.
2. Power Source
In the past string trimmers were only gas-powered. Today there are electric models. Each string trimmer model has something different to offer.
Electric String Trimmers
- Can be corded or cordless (battery powered).
- Easy to start
- Have a quieter operation.
- Cordless models which are battery operated offer more mobility.
- Corded models can only cover areas the extension can allow it to reach.
- Battery operated models may require constant recharging.
- May not be powerful enough to handle thick overgrowth which means longer time to get the work done.
Gas String Trimmers
- Offer more mobility.
- Big and powerful.
- Can effortlessly cover large areas
- Can efficiently deal with large size of grass and weeds
- Harder to start.
- Loud operation because they use combustion engines
- Creates more vibrations and shaking
- Gas fuel emissions can make you feel dizzy
Regardless of which type of string trimmer you choose these factors should always be present:
- Cutting width
- Ease in starting
- Ease in handling
- Variable speed.
Best Echo Trimmer Reviews
1. Echo Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer (GT-225 )
The Echo Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer (GT-225) is a professional quality 2-stroke string trimmer with a lot of power thus many users consider it as the best curved shaft trimmer in the market. It is well-balanced, lightweight and comes with an easy to operate pull starter.
This curved shaft gas trimmer is sturdy and powerful enough to deal with thick and tall weeds without worrying that it will give way in the middle of the job. It is also durable to not break even when it bumps into a rock or tree while in use.
This Echo trimmer is equipped with a 2-cycle engine (21.2cc) that while not as large as the We bought a reel of trim line to go with it and cut it all to measure. It was a great time saver. I was able to trim along all the fences in my half-acre of back yard as well as trim around all the shrubs faster.
- Easy to start
- Easy to maneuver
- Easy to maintain
- Features an ergonomic throttle grip (right hand) with On/Off switch
- Comes with a 16” cutting swathe to continue cutting even through thick weeds.
- Comes with a debris shield so you will not be covered with grass while using this trimmer
- Does not come with any attachments
A user says this string trimmer is easy to use and lightweight. It cuts through the toughest weeds. It starts quick and it is easy to replace the trim line. He further says parts for this trimmer are cheap and easy to find.
The Echo Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer (GT-225) may not come with all the accessories of the more expensive string trimmers but it is equipped with features allowing it to cut through grass and weeds with much effort.
2. ECHO Gas String Trimmer (SRM-225)
The ECHO String Trimmer (SRM-225) comes with a straight shaft. It is gas-powered and can do the biggest jobs nonstop. It can effortlessly deal with grass up to 3 feet high and waist high weeds. Its body is made of durable hard plastic.
It can be heavy at 12 pounds but it is extremely powerful. This 2-stroke 21.2cc 2-stroke engine is equipped with a proprietary starter system so it starts with a single pull. It features wide 17-inch dual cutting lines to handles almost any thickness of grass and weeds.
This string trimmer comes with a 59 inch shaft length and is easy to maneuver in hard to reach areas. It is also equipped with a vibration reduction system. It allows the users to feel less stress and fatigue even after extended hours of use. Its handle is covered with rubber for a better grip.
- Built to ensure the comfort of the user.
- Equipped with anti-vibration handle
- Trimming mechanism allows for easy and quick trimming of grass around foundations, fences and trees.
- Easy to install a new spool
- Bump feed system works well.
- Easy to maneuver and re-fuel
- Straight and long shaft lessens back pains because there is no need to bend to cut grass in hard to reach areas.
- Easy to maintain
- Does not come with a shoulder strap
- Throws too many debris even with deflector shield
- Tends to jam over time.
A user says this is really a beast! It can cut through thick hog weed and knee high grass. He says he has not replaced the line even after the third tank of fuel. It is not too noisy and is easy to start.
The ECHO Gas String Trimmer (SRM-225) is an amazing gas powered string trimmers and none of the competition comes close. It should be the first string trimmer to consider if you do not mind spending a more.
3. ECHO Cordless String Trimmer (CST-58V4AH)
The ECHO Cordless String Trimmer (CST-58V4AH) is powered by a 58 volt lithium-ion battery. It is a powerful trimmer that can handle thick weeds and tall grass with so much ease. It is equipped with a brushless motor with superior power and can be used for long hours.
This battery powered string trimmer features a trigger with variable speed that can be adjusted depending on the thickness of the weeds and softness of the grass you are working on. It also features an adjustable cutting swath so you can easily handle tough grass and weeds.
- Equipped with brushless motor for superior durability, run time and power
- Echo speed feed line allows the easy and quick refilling of trimmer line
- Cutting diameter can be adjusted from 4 inches – 16 inches for 4 in. – 16 inches for aggressive trimming and cutting.
- High and low speed switch for maximum power and ultimate control of the trimmer.
- Needs to be recharged
A user says it is a well-made and heavy duty trimmer that trimmed grass and weeds along hundreds of feet of driveway, sidewalk and fence line only at low speed. The battery only takes ½ hours to recharge.
Although this ECHO Cordless String Trimmer (CST-58V4AH) is equipped with a high-voltage battery it is not too heavy.
Many users are inclined to gas-powered string trimmers and along this line ECHO Gas String Trimmer (SRM-225) is the best Echo trimmer. It comes with a 59 inch straight shaft with wide 17-inch dual cutting lines allowing it to efficiently work on grass and weeds with almost any thickness.