If you have a garden or a backyard, it's most likely that you also have grass on it. For you to properly maintain the beauty and cleanliness of that place, you need to trim the grass now and then. The most efficient way to do that is by using the best corded electric lawn mower.
The Benefits Of Using A Corded Electric Lawn Mower
1. Helps You Save Money
One of the best things about a corded electric lawn mower is that it helps you save money over time. This is because you don't have to spend money on fueling it with gas. You don't even have to change its oil and all those other necessary expenses that you need to spend on if you were to use a gas-powered lawn mower.
2. Environment Friendly
Another good thing about using corded electric lawn mowers is that they are environment-friendly. They don't give off any emissions because the power they use is purely electric. This makes it a very wise choice if you are concerned of Mother Nature.
3. Quiet to Use
These corded electric lawn mowers are also quieter than the other types of lawn mowers. These do not give off shocks or vibrations. Their internal processes are also very streamlined, which is why they don’t make any unnecessary noise. This is made possible because it only uses electricity to power it.
4. Efficient in Cutting Grass
The other cool thing about corded electric lawn mowers is that they are very useful in cutting grass. This happens because of the thinner but sharper blades that are present in these kinds of lawn mowers. These blades are used because electricity can handle them pretty well, unlike the larger but duller blades present in gas-powered lawn mowers.
Things To Consider When Buying A Corded Electric Lawn Mower
The first thing you should consider when choosing a corded electric lawn mower is your purpose. Where are you going to use it? Will you be using it frequently? It's in asking questions like these that you get to know if you need to use an electric lawn mower. There are some instances when it's better if you use a gas-powered lawn mower or a reel lawn mower.
2. The Terrain of the Place
The terrain is also a huge factor when buying an electric lawn mower. Remember that these lawn mowers are efficient when you're going to use it in small to moderate sized areas. You have a cord that limits your range. However, the electric cord is also what gives you unlimited working hours. It's best if you use these on flat surfaces with thin grass.
Of course, you also need to factor in the price. There are a lot of corded electric lawn mowers that are affordable, but still, have a lot of handy features. Just remember that the price doesn't reflect the quality of the product.
Top 5 Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher is a good choice of a corded electric lawn mower. It features a solid 10 amp motor which gives it a similar power to a gas-powered lawn mower. If you want a lawn mower that packs in a huge power capacity, then this product is a good choice for you. This also has its 14-inch dethatching path that helps you speed up your work. It also has 36 replacement tines that are ensured to stay sharp even after heavy usage.
- This electric lawn mower is very efficient in cutting through most types of grass, be it thick or thin.
- This also works pretty well in wet and damp surfaces.
- It’s pretty easy to use. By simply following the easy-to-understand manual, you’ll be good to go.
- Though it works well in almost any kind of grass, Bermuda is an exemption to that. This lawn mower works double time when cutting through Bermuda grass.
The GreenWorks 25142 10 Amp 16-Inch Corded Lawn Mower is also a good choice if you’re searching for a corded electric lawn mower. This has a 16-inch cutting deck that enables you to easily cut through grass. It also gives you more coverage area to work on. This also has a 10 amp motor which enables you to easily cut through almost any kind of grass. It doesn’t matter if it is thick or thin, because it’s most likely capable of cutting through it. You can also use it for mulching and rear discharging, making it a true workhorse for your garden and backyard needs. Its rear wheels have a diameter of 7 inches, making it easy for you to use it in uneven terrains.
- It has a good size and weight, making it very easy to use.
- This is one of the best electric lawn mowers when it comes to portability because of its lightweight design.
- You can easily move it back and forth and turn it to different directions. You can easily cover area with this lawn mower.
- The supply power cord can easily get loose.
The Poulan Pro 967044401 40V Electric Start Dual Blade Mower is another corded electric lawn mower you can have. This has dual cutting blades which makes it easily maneuverable in different surfaces. Aside from that, this is also perfect for use in mid-sized areas thanks to its 20-inch power cord. It even has a second battery that it can use as a backup power supply in case the primary battery drains out of power. You can also easily store this in your room thanks to its foldable handles.
- The construction and design of this lawn mower is very robust. This makes it a durable product.
- It’s also fairly easy to use. By just reading through the manual, you can easily understand how to operate this lawn mower.
- It is a capable machine that can efficiently cut through grass in less time.
- It is a little bit expensive. However, its slightly high price is justifiable because of the many advanced features that it has.
GreenWorks is indeed a very reputable brand when it comes to electric lawn mowers. Now, another one of its products, the GreenWorks 25012 12 Amp Corded 18-Inch Lawn Mower makes its way to our top 5 list. This electric lawn mower has an 18-inch cutting deck that enables you to easily cut through any type of grass. It can even cut the time you spend in mowing into half. This also has 7 position height adjustments that give you more control over the lawn mower. Its 7-inch front and rear wheels make it easy for you to maneuver it into rocky or sloping terrain.
- This lawn mower is fairly easy to adjust. You have a lot of control when you’re using this one.
- You won’t have any problem in using this in different kinds of grass. It will do its job pretty well even if the grass is thick.
- It’s also one of the most silent electric lawn mowers in the market.
- Slight malfunctions may happen is you abuse its usage. For best results, it’s best if you don’t let it reach three to four hours of continuous use. Let it rest every once in a while.
This is the top-of-the-line product coming from GreenWorks. The GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower is the most capable of all GreenWorks electric lawn mowers because it features a high quality 20-inch steel cutting deck. This helps speed up your work because it can effortlessly cut through any kind of grass, be it thick or thin, or dry or damp. It also has 7-inch front wheels and 10-inch rear wheels which makes it easily maneuverable in different terrains. It’s 56 pounds in weight, so it’s not that heavy.
- This is packed with a lot of power.
- It can mow grass in very fast speeds; sometimes triple the speed of other electric lawn mowers.
- This is easily maneuverable thanks to its large rear tires.
- It’s not the most silent lawn mower in the market. But it’s not really a big problem.
Out of the five lawn mowers reviewed, the one that stood out is the GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower. Thanks to its large front and rear wheels, it’s very easy to maneuver.
It also packs in a huge power capability. You won’t be short of mowing through any kind of grass. This cuts your mowing time in half or even just a quarter of the time when compared to other products. If you really want to make the most out of your lawn mowing session, then this is the product you need to have.